round of introductions

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Hi everyone, I never even introduced myself when I joined!
I'm Jemima, as some of you may know, live on the Isle of Skye, have been a member for just over a year, and last year started building our holiday let. I gained a lot of great advice from the forum during the 6 months of the build, and now that we're up and running am still finding it a very useful forum. Plus it's interesting and fun! So Hats off to Lay my Hat!

http://www.bluebellcottageisleofskye.com/
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Welcome to LMH Jemima
irishgal

Post by irishgal »

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the forums of Lay My Hat for a while now and just decided to become a member. We have a cottage in Kilkenny, south east Ireland. I have found the forums great! I love what I do. Renting out a holiday let I get to meet a great range of people I otherwise wouldn't. Haven't had any drastic experiences yet - a few people I was glad to see the back of but mostly good experiences!

Looking forward to taking part in the forums!

irishgal
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome irishgal :D It's always good when a lurker comes out of the shadows and joins in the discussion - you will struggle to find a more useful or more friendly forum anywhere.
irishgal

Post by irishgal »

True Casscat! It's great to connect with people on the same page as you! :)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Welcome to LMH, irishgal. I'm from Meath, live in England where we let out the cottage next to our house, year round, and also let our holiday home - an apartment in Dublin occasionally ( to pay its bills). Your cottage looks sweet. Might well meander down there some day as County Kilkenny is on our possible places of retirement list.
irishgal

Post by irishgal »

Thanks FelicityA! Kilkenny is a lovely place. Worth a visit! :-)I'm only a blow in to Kilkenny myself but love it. Originally from Wicklow.
mel_t

Post by mel_t »

I am happy to find this forum. My husband and I just bought a home in Costa Rica last year, with a "5 year plan" for a permanent move with our 3 young kids. In the meantime, we have it available as a vacation rental. Hoping to gain some valuable information from the members of this forum.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome mel_t :) By and large you will find this forum to be a great resource, a mine of information, a terrific source of support and a warm pool of friendly personalities.

Moving to Costa Rica from where?
mel_t

Post by mel_t »

Casscat wrote:Moving to Costa Rica from where?
Ha! I forgot to say. We're in Toronto, Canada right now. Can't wait to leave the cold behind forever! Thanks for the welcome.
Toronto, Canada
Future home in Samara, Costa Rica
Casita Amarilla
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Lovely house - I can see why you might want to spend your lives there!
Habsie

Post by Habsie »

Hi I'm Habsie - we have a villa in Turkey renting it out since 2013 when we completed the build.

I have been a lurker for a while (not the most outgoing of people!) and we just had our baby daughter and moved countries to New Zealand.

We decided that we will have to sell our villa as it is unlikely we will get back enough to justify it. We have had our ups and downs - we built it and furnished it to a high standard and being far away has been tricky - that and having a newborn and the time difference has been the deciding factor.

We relied mostly on OD and our own advertising through Facebook and found 2015 was our most successful year so we want to go out on a high!

Good luck to all those new and not so new renters - it's been a ride and we might dip our toe into it again once our daughter is a bit older!
:D
In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi,

I am Paul and we have a place in Palma Mallorca.

Deja vu
Cheers
PC
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hello Paul, rejoined this mad world again then?!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Hello Paul and welcome.

Perhaps you'd like to tell the group about your problem?
We're all sympathetic here - we've all shared many troubles. :mrgreen: