Problem with refunding to Internet Bank

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

It is a shame that it has such a bad name, because on many counts it could work for folks like us.

http://www.westernunion.co.uk/info/home ... country=GB
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Thanks for the link Paul...it could come in useful! Our youngest is off to Florida next week to stay with a friend and his family for 4 weeks, so if he runs out of money it seems a quick way and simple way of getting cash to him.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Naming and shaming The Bank of New York who sent the authorization today to finally make this transfer to Norway, summarized as follows:

Foreign Currency: Danish Krone
Sender: My husband's name
Beneficiary: My name
Address: Misspelt Street Name, Oslo, Norway
Bank Name and Account#: Traditional Bank name and Account number - Correct
Other details: Another bank Account number (internet account previously rejected)
SWIFT Code: Noted by its absence

Yes, unbelievable as it would seem, they were actually going to send this wire in the wrong sender's name, with the correct sender's name as the recipient name, the actual recipient's name nowhere on the form, sending to two different numbered bank accounts at two different banks, with no Swift Code for either, a typo in the recipient's address and the amount to be sent in the wrong currency. AND this their third attempt, previous versions having been written up for US$ and Euros.

Even more unbelievable, this is an account I set up specially for international wires with a bank I don't normally use, chosen because they have a good reputation for it!!!! When I asked Mary why she thought Danish Krone was correct for Norway, she told me that although I had told her Krone, her currency department said there were two, Danish and Norwegian, which one? She said she wasn't sure, so they told her to put Danish. Needless to say, Mary is now my ex-bank international transfer expert, the transfer has been shredded and I will be closing this account forthwith.

What do we learn from all this?
Be kind to owners, guests, or anyone who is dealing with these idiots and giving you incredible sounding excuses. Trust me, there's a high probability they are not lying. I have spent countless hours, we're now into week 3 and I've given up.

Hello Western Union! Paul, Thanks very much for sharing this suggestion, I'm now looking forward to joining the club... it can't possibly be as risky as dealing with this US bank.... :)