First Changeover

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
rigmover

First Changeover

Post by rigmover »

Had our first changeover the other day, took us about 4 hours, well when I say us I mean my wife as I still have two slings on so I'm pretty useless, she did have her Mum & Dad to help.
We went live with Sykes on the 6th of last month and now have 90 days booked, including a week next April, this seems pretty good too us, is it? as it's all new to us we didn't know what to expect.

Thanks
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Sympathies still, or perhaps that should be to your wife. :wink:

That sounds good going; however Sykes is known here for underpricing some properties, as it keeps many owners happy to see the booking calendar full. The main thing to consider - is the pricing ensuring you make a profit? As long as you're happy with the figures, that's the criteria to consider rather than just the bookings in isolation.
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

Thanks Nemo, we thought they had overpriced our house, we are very happy with the figures, no mortgage on the house so apart from normal bills it's all profit.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

rigmover wrote:Thanks Nemo, we thought they had overpriced our house, we are very happy with the figures, no mortgage on the house so apart from normal bills it's all profit.
Don't ignore the cost of your own time! Price it as though you were paying a going rate to someone else for all the cleaning, laundry etc etc - then make sure you're making a healthy profit. Your true changeover cost is probably at least £60, and could well be a lot more.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

rigmover wrote:we are very happy with the figures, no mortgage on the house so apart from normal bills it's all profit.
That's great, but do remember that other than the bills there are hidden costs. Wear and tear, damage, ongoing maintenance etc. As your property is newly renovated, it will be ok for a while, but always best to put some pennies away for the future. No splashing out on a new Ferrari just yet. ;-)