Where Can I Buy?

For topics that are specific to Portugal, please go here.
Casscat

Where Can I Buy?

Post by Casscat »

I'm placing this elsewhere on the boards too, but as I think the article in question came from Portugal I may have some specific luck here, particularly when it comes to identifying the name of the style of pottery to aid me with sourcing a replacement.

The guests just departed have broken a much loved terracotta platter. It's quite large - about 45cm in diameter. I love that platter :( They have 'replaced' it with a cheap and nasty plain, mass produced bowl type thing and I want to try and find something more appropriate so your assistance in tracking one down will be appreciated.

Marta West

Post by Marta West »

Hi Casscat,

You should be able to find it in any local market or in the big supermarkets like "continente".
Here in the north is very easy to find it anywhere...if you have any problems getting one, let me know:-)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm not in Portugal Marta - I'm in the UK. I was hoping to buy one online somewhere. This one came from a craft shop in Porto I think.
Marta West

Post by Marta West »

oopsss...sorry, just noticed that :-(
no idea where you can get it online, but will check and if I find it will let you know
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Have you looked on eBay?
Fleur
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Hi Fleur. Yes, I have looked on eBay. As best I can anyway!
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I'm in Porto, I will look for you and can send it on if I find it. There are some shops near the river that sell a lot of this sort of thing. I'll look next week. :D
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Oh Afrique if you could find something close to that platter I would be so pleased!!! Thanks you for offering to look :)
aasta

Post by aasta »

Hello Casscat...will also keep an eye open for one...used to see these quite frequently at our local week-end market...but that vender has not been about for a few months..
aasta
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Very, very grateful aasta :D