Thank you

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
shar

Thank you

Post by shar »

I just want to take a little time to say thank you for the support in the form of responses to my questions, that this community gives me.

Our rental has been 'just-about-ready-to-open-for-business' for over a year now :roll: Over that time I have asked a lot of questions and not given much back, and I am expecting there will be loads more [Q's] to come.

I hope that in time I will be able to share my experience to support you.

Until then, again THANK YOU
Expat NZ/Aussies living in Dubai with a holiday home in Unawatuna, Sri Lanka.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thank you for thanking us shar. :D Lots of people take without even becoming part of the community so it's great when a new member dives in and stays vocal. Your time and turn will come. We all become experienced owners in the end. :wink:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I agree with Nemo - you've landed on your feet by finding LMH :lol:

Just had a peek at your website - it's lovely. That view down to Unawatuna beach just couldn't be anywhere else, reminds me of our holiday in Galle with lazy days spent at Unawatuna. Friends of ours used to stay in village houses in Unawatuna and were actually there in 2004 and were caught up and injured in the Tsunami. They were helped so much by the locals that they set up a charity to try to pay back some of the hospitality they'd received and help alleviate the suffering and shortages caused by the disaster.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Here's a thought - this forum is all about sharing answers, opinions, help and support, and experiences.

The fuel for a high percentage of that lot is questions.

We all ask them!

Even those who lurk and learn are helping to improve our industry, which helps us all.

We've all been on the learning curve asking questions that might seem simple - but a question is only ever simple when you know the answer! Eventually we might share an experience or two, which might be helpful to somebody else, and so it goes on.

So nobody should think they're only taking by asking questions - unless it's "hello, I can't be bothered to search the forum, which is the best listing site?" :roll:
French Cricket

Re: Thank you

Post by French Cricket »

shar wrote:Our rental has been 'just-about-ready-to-open-for-business' for over a year now :roll:
Oh, I remember that soooo well :lol:. We deferred our opening date - the year, not just the month - twice as the whole renovation process took so much longer than we'd anticipated. It was worth the wait though. And now I'm running a year late with our new cottage :roll:

Like Nemo, I really appreciate your thanks and your staying with us. Being perfectly honest, it can be a bit demoralising sometimes when people take the time to engage with a new member who asks a shedload of questions ... and then disappears! But it's no way the questions that are demoralising, it's the subsequent disappearance, usually without any further comment, let alone thanks :? .
shar

Post by shar »

Awe, lovely replies thank you :)

I cant even start to imagine what it was like during the tsunami PW. This beautiful country has had so many tragedies.

Tourism is booming, I hope it doesn't change it too much (says me who has just added a guest house) :roll:
Expat NZ/Aussies living in Dubai with a holiday home in Unawatuna, Sri Lanka.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

And thank you Nemo for thanking Shar for thanking us.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

kevsboredagain wrote:And thank you Nemo for thanking Shar for thanking us.
Ta kev.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Thank you GB for thanking kev for thanking Nemo for thanking Shar for thanking us.

It's been a long hot day and my screen is full of insects.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

GB :roll: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!