Guests will not behave/comply

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
brendan

Post by brendan »

My neighbour bought some fab ones a couple of years ago..I´ll ask her where but I do remember that they were astronomically expensive.

I buy mine in Dunnes Stores...they don´t last because of the dishwasher but they´re stylish and cheap. 2.5 euros for a smart looking wine glass
Morristhedog

Post by Morristhedog »

My plastic wine glasses look like glass and came from clasohlson.
They wash well in the dish washer. They are double skinned and are quite acceptable as an alternative to glass. In fact they look like quality wine glasses.

The group still continue to leave the gate unlocked, though it is a self closing gate to meet local requirements, so it looks closed. The fence is constructed to the correct height.

They will leave by next Saturday.

I have made a jolly sign for the fence for the next guests, though the following guests have younger children, and will probably have the sense to lock the gate and not take the indoor glass items up to the pool area.

The sign has a cartoon dog with a bandaged paw, a cartoon child drowning and a cartoon man with a key and a padlock. There is a suitably worded jolly text. I am sure this might get across the message. But I feel the normal guest would not need this.

The guests are sent a set of expectations in their contract before they pay.

The expectations are again re-iterated in the brochure in the house with the local medical details, the places of interest, local restaurants, current local events, the emergency numbers, and French phrases to help them, and my contact details for their ultimate care.

Every aspect of my business is carried out with the greatest professionalism.

Thank you for your various replies.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Your signs sound ideal. Engaging for children and eye catching for the adults - harmless and unoffensive. I'm sure you will see an improvement.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Sounds like you have all the bases covered. Roll on Saturday, eh!
COYS

Post by COYS »

I think you have the right approch Morristhedog. Rules, guidelines, whatever you want to call them are there to protect everybody, even those that blatantly ignore them.
Although we have no fence requirements, we are obliged by the terms of our rental license to display depth & some safety signage, including among others the 'no glass' one. We had them professionally made to industry standards & I don't think they are intrusive in size (20x10cm) or content, just a simple reiteration of the guide book, t&c's etc that so many people forget or discard on arrival. We still get breakages because unfortunately some just ignore the indoor/outdoor tableware but thankfully (so far) we've not had to close/drain the pool or had any glass related injuries.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.