why do french people forget they have babies ? just a rant.

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
pete

why do french people forget they have babies ? just a rant.

Post by pete »

Yet again, 5 times now this year, they book a room then tell you they have a baby.

We even had a couple the other week, (who did book there baby) complain that in the chambres d'hote before they were awaken several times in the night by the baby in the room next door and the host didnt even know they had they baby.

this morning a very disgruntled french man had a go at us for not allowing the baby, the reason we didnt is that we didnt have a quiet room left and he would have had to be next to another couple, we explained that and he said 'my baby does not cry'

ha!

we have a room suitable for babies and small children but when its gone its gone.

sorry its just a rant,

ongoingly our aged uk couple are very scared about the issues at calais, does any one know how bad for car passengers it is ?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Are they on Eurotunnel? Just watching the news now, it seems that it is mainly the freight terminal that is affected, but there are delays.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Our German guests were similarly concerned so booked to go Newhaven to Dieppe. It cost them £155 so not much more than the other crossing but it took them 24 hrs driving to get back to Bavaria.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
kg1

Post by kg1 »

My son went from Dover to Calais last Saturday & it took him
4 1/2 hrs from Surrey to actually getting on the boat.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Last Saturday was dreadful. Our present guests were delayed for hours on the U.K. side of the tunnel. Not sure how things are working out of Calais.
Fleur
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

They forget their dogs, too
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I just had some guests arrive last week and they were the 'quiet, non communicative type with email. They drove from France and on route managed to give us an arrival time via text message. We prepared the apartment then went off shopping. They told us three times after this via text, where abouts they were on the journey and arrived on time.
I met them on the main street to assist them with parking and immediately noticed a 'baby on board' sticker and a small child knocked on the car window to say 'Hello'. I smiled back and turned to my wife and said 'there is a small child in the car, I thought this was a couple'. She said' it is they booked for two people'. The lady opened the car door and said 'we have our granddaughter with us, this was a last minute thing, is it OK'? I smiled and said 'no problem but it is a one bedroom apartment, will you cope'? I was a bit perplexed as to what point on their 17 hour journey it was a last minute thing and they didn't think to mention it. I love kids, I am a Gran but just thought it a bit 'miffy'. So you are not alone!
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

phone call, late afternoon.

'can we book a room with you for tonight... please? but we need an extra bed for our son.'

me: 'i do have a foldable baby cot available - how old is your child?'

'11.'

no, i cannot and do not allow third persons of any age in my guestrooms. not to sleep in the double bed with the parents, not to sleep on a mattress on the floor - JUST NOT.

one female guest from thailand tried to book with me, pretending 'to travel with friend' and asking 'for a 'small bed' for a 3 yr old. i was puzzled a bit so checked her FB-account.

single parent, 'soon i am off to holland! yeah!'

'friend' seemed to be her 6 yr old daughter. '3 yr old' was actually her twin sister...

when asked about it: 'well actually they always share a single bed - okay...?'

it also smelled of illegal immigration...

'yes we will have tourist visa. why ask?'

clearly i did not accept that 4 week booking...
revdev

Post by revdev »

Current guests (who are lovely by the way), booked as 8 adults and a baby.
On arrival, we have 5 adults, 4 children, and a baby (which is technically 1 person over my capacity). :shock:
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
pete

Post by pete »

They be French then

Our UK guests went this morning armed with water and sandwiches so hope fully they will get back okay
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think as long as people are not planning on crossing after dark or very early morning it seems to be running reasonably smoothly, although there are still delays due to peak traffice. Some friends crossed from Folkestone last night without any delay and ended up on an earlier train, their companions were delayed by about an hour having arrived just 30 minutes later.