Improving my photographs - You Tube Videos

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

kevsboredagain wrote:There's a setting in Youtube which will stop it playing the next random video after yours in finished. This prevents the watcher being distracted and moving onto some other subject entirely.
When editing the video, click on the settings cog under the video and turn off autoplay.
Kev, I can't find this in my video manager. I've turned off autoplay for me as a watcher but I don't think I've done it for the video (if that makes any sense?)

However the video is in place on the Owners Direct advert and does not autoplay from there so I'm happy.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

anya752000 wrote:
kevsboredagain wrote:There's a setting in Youtube which will stop it playing the next random video after yours in finished. This prevents the watcher being distracted and moving onto some other subject entirely.
When editing the video, click on the settings cog under the video and turn off autoplay.
Kev, I can't find this in my video manager. I've turned off autoplay for me as a watcher but I don't think I've done it for the video (if that makes any sense?)

However the video is in place on the Owners Direct advert and does not autoplay from there so I'm happy.
Ah, sorry. What I was thinking off was the control you have when embedding a video. I think what you've found is just for your own account when playing other videos.

When you put a link, say on your website or even OD, then if you add a bit at the end of the URL, it stops Youtube playing the next suggested video. You would need to log out of your account to test this perhaps.

Explained here:
http://illuminea.com/remove-related-vid ... ube-video/
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Thanks Kev - your knowledge is as always much appreciated.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

That's useful - thanks! It took me long enough to find out how to specify a start point in a clip; I'd never have found the option to prevent further clips - but then I wouldn't have thought to look for it IYSWIM!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

anya, would it be possible for you to edit the title of this thread? It's meandered into you tube and video territory and has some very useful advice. If the title contains those words too members will be able to find it in a search. I know I shall be hunting for it at some point. :wink:
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Nemo wrote:anya, would it be possible for you to edit the title of this thread? It's meandered into you tube and video territory and has some very useful advice. If the title contains those words too members will be able to find it in a search. I know I shall be hunting for it at some point. :wink:
Done :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »