First Facebook enquiry.

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

First Facebook enquiry.

Post by tavi »

Had my first "proper" (i.e. from a stranger) enquiry through my FB page yesterday :)

Came to nothing as her party is too big :(

Hardly earth-shattering news but thought I'd report it.

Have a good Sunday everyone. 8)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Good stuff. I find I get quite a few enquiries that don't know what I specifically offer, but it means they're finding the page which is the positive. :D

I had one this morning, but she wanted August and a hot tub or pool - August has been fully booked for ages now and I shan't be offering a pool or hot tub anytime soon in rural Norfolk. :wink: There is such a demand for hot tubs, let's hope at some point the novelty wears off!

Another route to the market anyway and ironically facebook now gives you more control over your marketing than some of the listing sites. Never thought I'd hear myself say that!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I've not had a Facebook enquiry yet but my page views have increased significantly since I've joined the Book you Holiday Direct with the Owner group. Ever hopeful that one day it will come...
GRL

Post by GRL »

Bunny wrote:I've not had a Facebook enquiry yet but my page views have increased significantly since I've joined the Book you Holiday Direct with the Owner group. Ever hopeful that one day it will come...
That's really good to hear, Bunny :)
Fingers crossed that the group brings bookings for all members over the coming months.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Guests who departed here on Thursday emailed yesterday to say that they were going to include a link to my site on their FB page.
Is this something I should maybe ask my guests to do? (I'm not on FB and have little idea how it works :oops: )
ClareyD

Post by ClareyD »

Bunny wrote:I've not had a Facebook enquiry yet but my page views have increased significantly since I've joined the Book you Holiday Direct with the Owner group. Ever hopeful that one day it will come...
Interesting to hear you say that, Bunny, and very positive. Can't say the same for ours, unfortunately, but perhaps I'm not trying hard enough! How often do you post to the group, out of interest?
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Me neither, ClareyD! I posted daily for a wee while and then stopped- I've not had a single enquiry or visit to my website, that I can trace, anyway. I'll try again though- what's the secret, I wonder? :)
ClareyD

Post by ClareyD »

Who knows, jen! I have tried posting photos today, rather than just a link to our own Facebook page. Possibly location, or maybe bunny has special facilities that we lack? We currently don't take dogs, for example, and everyone looking for availability on there at the moment seems to be a dog owner!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Nemo wrote:I had one this morning, but she wanted August and a hot tub or pool - August has been fully booked for ages now and I shan't be offering a pool or hot tub anytime soon in rural Norfolk. :wink: There is such a demand for hot tubs, let's hope at some point the novelty wears off!
What is it about bloomin' hot tubs? And why do so many people want them? I've never really seen the attraction myself.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

ClareyD wrote:
Interesting to hear you say that, Bunny, and very positive. Can't say the same for ours, unfortunately, but perhaps I'm not trying hard enough! How often do you post to the group, out of interest?
I joined the group right from the beginning when there were not so many members. I've still not had an enquiry or booking from it but admit I haven't posted anything for ages because I haven't got much availability. I didn't do that many posts and I don't offer anything special like hot tubs and I don't take dogs. Maybe some of my page views were just from other owners. I've no way of telling but they definitely increased but have slowed down again now.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I had one FB enquiry that I know of, though it's possible there have been others. Someone coming on an antiques hunting trip, booked in April. She backed out last week, 8 days before arrival, over fears over the Calais crossing. It cost her 195€ deposit!
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.