French Connections - What's Gone Wrong?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Yvain

Post by Yvain »

Duchess, this was precisely my original point and I fully agree with you. Form Karen's earlier comments and comments I have received in an email it looks like FC may do something to reinstate the wider parameters.

Alan, it is simply too much of a coincidence to go from excellent bookings to nothing overnight on the launch of the new site.

Y
helene

Post by helene »

For Karen
I have been away on Business from 31st Jan and about a week before that about 24th Jan I sent a request to FC via their website message service to change the description for my entry - to include an upgrade of 1 bed and 1 shower-room so quite a difference. I did not get any response so on the Friday 28th I phoned the number quoted on the website (for existing clients) - this was a fax machine so promptly phoned another number (for new clients) the lady there was most helpful and gave me the right number - she had been made aware of the fax number problme by previous callers - she also assured me that my enquiry would be dealt with as you had a backlog. I now return from my business trip and find that in my absence I have not receievd any response from FC (I was expecting a quote for the changes) or any changes to the web entry. I have noted the address in your posting and will try later this weekend.

This is my first year with you and so have nothing to compare with - I like the website generally and feel that the descriptions allow quite a good sense of what potential clients can expect. However it would be good to be able to ammend details myself and would avoid all this hassle.

Regards
helene
paolo

Post by paolo »

Helene,

If you want a reply from Karen, I would send your message to her by email too, as I think she only comes here very occasionally.

What you say about lack of contact is something I have always found to be the case with them, and what differentiates them from sites like vrbo and holiday-rentals.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Strange... FC has always been quick to reply to me, and very courteous when they do. On the other hand, I signed up from VRBO several days ago and have heard nothing from them since -- my advert is up but I still have no pictures.

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw with these places and customer support...

Cheers,
Brooke
helene

Post by helene »

paolo wrote:Helene,

If you want a reply from Karen, I would send your message to her by email too, as I think she only comes here very occasionally.

What you say about lack of contact is something I have always found to be the case with them, and what differentiates them from sites like vrbo and holiday-rentals.
Thanks Paulo - will do