Re: Damage Deposit

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Casa Montana

Re: Damage Deposit

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi all,

Had a guest stay in our house last August 14

Sent several emails after they left requesting confirmation of a.c details to return deposit but heard nothing.

Just had an email now requesting deposit :-)

No problems with processing this but anyone else had such a long time before returning a deposit?

Cheers

Carl
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Wow, that's a long time for them to not want their money back! Hope you managed to earn a little interest on it in the meantime :lol:

We had to wait a while once for a guest to let us know their a/c details - but that was because they were travelling to a different continent after leaving our cottage and not returning home with one direct flight.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

No never. Usually they can't wait to get it back. I wonder if they intended to rebook for this year, so left it on hold pending booking. Perhaps time lapsed and they changed their minds. Who knows, but nice to have had it in your account rather than theirs. :wink:
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm still waiting for a $450 damage deposit to be returned to me from a house I rented on Nevis 6 years ago despite countless emails to the owner and to Holiday Lettings.

I do have a £100 damage deposit that I have been trying to return since last June year. Guest has disappeared and doesn't answer my emails so I still have it.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!