Ants everywhere

For anything to do with the garden and pool
bessie

Ants everywhere

Post by bessie »

Suddenly the garden is overrun with them,at home I use a farm spray and that gets rid of them but at the cottage I would not be happy to use it where other people have access.
The next two sets of guests have children and it would be unpleasant for them to sit on the lawn ,the pathsseem to be alive as well.
I need to find something to kill them quickly that will leave the garden safe in 2 days.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Boiling water on the nest if you can find it.
Otherwise, contact your nearest zoo/animal park and ask to borrow their anteater :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We had a flying ant infestation in our dining room - Nipon did the trick - don't like killing them and usually baby talc does the trick - they move elsewhere - but not this time.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

I've used little ant traps before- you put the stuff onto the trap, leave it somewhere close to the ant's route. They sook it up ,take it home and it kills the Queen or whatever the Head Ant is called. It has the advantage of : being discreet
:cats ,dogs and children can't get access to the poison, as it's inside the trap
: It was much less messy than the powder.
I can't recall it's name, but it may have been Nippon? The traps were wee plastic circular trays with lids. It was very efficient.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

On the path you could use one of those gas canister weed killers gun things (if you have one). I use one to kill red mite in the chicken house. Quick and effective. They do 'pop' though!
COYS

Post by COYS »

pesttechcenter.com
Have used their gels for assorted critters with fast results. Last year we had some massive ants (2cm) in the garden that we managed to clear in a few days with a little persistence. Quite expensive but it worked.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
bessie

Post by bessie »

jenboyle1959 wrote:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxforce-Indoor ... VE0H13KVMX

This looks similar, Bessie.
Thank you, I have ordered some ,my free voucher for Amazon for filling a questionnaire about bvd in cattle has come in handy.
Hopefully my guests will enjoy the garden again without been bit by ants.