Promote my place not working on iPad :-(

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Kitty thomas

Promote my place not working on iPad :-(

Post by Kitty thomas »

As the post title suggests, PMP is refusing to let me log in on my iPad, but is absolutely fine on my iPhone. I'm a new user and am wanting to build a new website for a cottage I've just completed on. Can't even contact them, as the page just kicks me back out. Any ideas please? :shock:
If at first you don't succeed, put the kettle on.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Sorry, no idea what is going on ( I have an ipad and I can log in fine) but this is their support email and they are very good about responding to problems. I really can't fault them. Have you got a referral code (I can send you one?) if you have not quite finished submitting? It gives you a discount and the referrer the same for the next renewal.

support@promotemyplace.zendesk.com

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I have just noticed this is your first post!
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Mine's ok from my iPad too
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I'll second the quality of their support.

My new website with them is up and running apparently. I say apparently because I can't actually see it although the rest of the world can! Oddly the mobile site on my iPad is visible

They've been endlessly polite and helpful in tracking down whatever gremlin has infested me.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

No probs for me. I've just updated my photos on there via iPad without issues. Get in touch with them and they'll sort you out :)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

In fairness to PMP, it does not sound like their problem. If 4 other members here are getting in with no problems, then its unlikely to be an iPad issue.

Now, it could still be a problem that PMP can help with, but the first thing I would advise when contacting them is to be much more specific when describing your problem. To say "it won't let me login" is not sufficient. I would expect you to tell them exactly what error message you see. i.e what does "it wont let me in" look like?

Then you'll be amazed how quickly they can help ;-)
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

Thanks everyone and thanks for the welcome. I have it working now on ipad. It was all about enabling cookies!! Its quite slow going though, as I have never made a website before. Easy software to use though.
I haven't submitted it yet, no, so would love a discount code if you could let me have one please. X
If at first you don't succeed, put the kettle on.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Just about to pm you a discount code Kitty. Good luck with your new website!