help with pmp pleeeaaassssseeee....

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Kitty thomas

help with pmp pleeeaaassssseeee....

Post by Kitty thomas »

Ok. Have spent hours - ney, days - putting together my pmp site for TWO cottages. But try as I may I don't understand how best to list the two of them. I want them under the same 'description' page, but need two availability calendars, one for each cottage. I cant figure how to do it. Anyone know? have emailed pmp but they are closed now til Monday. :shock:
If at first you don't succeed, put the kettle on.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I wonder if this page would help, Kitty as it talks about multi-properties.....? https://promotemyplace.zendesk.com/entr ... ce-website
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We have also just decided to take the plunge with PMP as our former sites are getting very difficult to update and get them the way we want them to be. Also, the sitebulder template used in their creation is much inferior to those that PMP has available.

Started on creating a new website yesterday, but have had to send a couple of support tickets because they ask you to change the nameservers of your domain. I thought you only do this when you want to change your hosting provider. We already have a hosting provider and have another year of subscription to go, so are just looking to purchase a subscription to their sitebuilder templates, but am not sure if the hosting as well is compulsory. Will wait to hear what they say.

Also, a shame that the max size of photo you can upload is 4MB. My old SLR from 2007 creates photos often of between 4-5 MB, so can reduce them, but would have to run quite a lot through software to get them down to an acceptable size. :cry:
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Have just this minute received an answer from PMP. The hosting comes as standard it seems.

We have only started on the creation of a new English-language site, the old one of which is currently placed against an add-on domain at our current hosting provider. So, we´ll leave the Dutch-language site with the former hosting provider and if all goes well with the new site via PMP, will just create another account for the Dutch site with PMP next year.

Combining the two former sites into one (with Google translations) won´t work for us because we have all-inclusive rates for British and non-Europeans, and a whole range of extra separate costs for the 'mainlanders'.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Would you like a referral code Anglo-Dutch? Good for you and good for me - £10 off your sub, and £10 credit for my next sub. I can PM it if you like?
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

FelicityA wrote:Would you like a referral code Anglo-Dutch? Good for you and good for me - £10 off your sub, and £10 credit for my next sub. I can PM it if you like?
Sorry, Felicity, but Helen offered me one already on the other thread! But thanks anyway! :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

AD I've got my own site with PMP as you know, but I've kept the domain with WebhostingUK as I wanted to keep my domain emails. I simply point the nameservers as instructed to the PMP servers in my WebhostingUK account.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Thanks, Helen.

Yes, we have our US domain (English-language site) and both sitebuilder accounts with UK Cheapest. The Dutch domain, another .eu domain (use for transfer) and the hosting for both our sites are with HostPapa.

I thought that we could just subscribe to new sitebuilder software with PMP without hosting, but it doesn´t look like they do that.

I changed the name servers but PMP also wanted the current MX Records for our email address that is linked to our domain. This would have to come from UK Cheapest. But knowing how slow UK Cheapest´s customer service is I have now returned the nameservers to HostPapa and just updated the 'A Record' to PMP.

Does anyone know where our actual hosting for this site would be now? Because if I had updated the nameservers to PMP, then that would have been via our domain name provider (UK Cheapest, which would have transferred the hosting to PMP), but, as I have changed the 'A Record' instead now, this was done via the cpanel of my our hosting provider (HostPapa) with name servers still pointing to HostPapa (as instructed by PMP). The site that we are recreating is actually an add-on domain to our main account (and Dutch domain) being held at HostPapa.

If you are confused by now, you have no idea how much of a headache I have had this last 24 hours! After 10 years we have everything all over the place and it would be nice to get everything 'under one roof' when our subscriptions end with the other parties next year. :roll: