googlemaps

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
roxytoo

googlemaps

Post by roxytoo »

I embed googlemaps where the property is by putting a balloon marker. Sometimes though when I right click on 'whats here' I don't get the address but get this

ኡርባኒሳሲኦን ብ ማርቲን ብጎልፍ, 89
03189 Orihuela
Alicante

I am being thick but can't seem to find out why it does that on certain places?
CSE

Post by CSE »

if it is your property and you have a place claim contact Google.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

no its not my property
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Villamartin? It's listed on Google maps. Are you close?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

sorry I haven't explained it very well! When I am locating other peoples properties to embed in my website and right click I don't get the name but get those bizarre squiggly lines that look like russian or something....
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I maybe haven't explained well either. The place you give is a real entry on Google maps, complete with Arabic or whatever it is. Are you close to this place? Is Google picking somewhere close to you?
Without seeing your embedded map, it's difficult to speculate what is wrong.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I found that place to but where is your property? Is it correctly registered on Google maps and appearing as a named pin for the public to see, like all those other places you see on there?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Kev its nothing to do with my property. Its a property I rent where the grey balloon thingy is, it comes up with strange words. Happens randomly with other properties too, Just wondered if anyone knew that the gooble gook is
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

roxytoo wrote:Kev its nothing to do with my property. Its a property I rent where the grey balloon thingy is, it comes up with strange words. Happens randomly with other properties too, Just wondered if anyone knew that the gooble gook is
The text is what someone else has registered as text for a villa owned by some Swedish person. Once you register something on Google maps, you can put any text you like in there, in any language. Perhaps it's owned by an Arab in Sweden.

I still don't see the problem or at least the problem lies with the Google maps entry of another business, so why would it be of concern to you?

If you are embedding Google maps, then you should really register the property for best effect. It's a big help in SEO. They sent a postcard to that address and you type in the code. Then you can have your own entry and not be worried about others nearby.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

The language is sundanese. Perhaps I've misunderstood how googlemaps work or they have changed recently but normally you right click, press whats here, and it gives you the name and number of the street I embed that in the advert so guests can see where the property is (or rough idea)
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

The language is sundanese. Perhaps I've misunderstood how googlemaps work or they have changed recently but normally you right click, press whats here, and it gives you the name and number of the street I embed that in the advert so guests can see where the property is (or rough idea)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

roxytoo wrote:The language is sundanese. Perhaps I've misunderstood how googlemaps work or they have changed recently but normally you right click, press whats here, and it gives you the name and number of the street I embed that in the advert so guests can see where the property is (or rough idea)
It gives you the nearest street or place. There are no street names near that villa. If I move further away and right click, I get a street name.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Seeing that you have not registered the business of GMaps then maybe you should read this "how to"
https://support.google.com/business/ans ... 1778?hl=en
There is bound to be a video on this somewhere.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Thanks but I have already done that for my own business, this is for my clients adverts where I show where the rental is