Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Windows 10 & Outlook Send/Receive Not Working
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue Dyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed on my desktop computer that when I'm filling in forms on several different sites I get an "invalid email" error despite my email being correct. It has only been happening for the last week or so, wonder if that is a bug in W10 too?
kevsboredagain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geordie Lass wrote:
I've noticed on my desktop computer that when I'm filling in forms on several different sites I get an "invalid email" error despite my email being correct. It has only been happening for the last week or so, wonder if that is a bug in W10 too?

Interesting one as all email validation functions are not going to be the same or even the same language.

PM me one that fails and I'll try it out
Hells Bells

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an invalid email address error this week too. I thought it was more likely to be Chrome than Windows 10 though. As I was responding to a Google Alert for Serre Chevalier on Mumsnet, the site was apparently hacked 24 hours later, so wondered if it also had something to do with that.
e-richard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevsboredagain wrote:
if you have a stable Windows 7 then no rush to change.

I agree, but just bear in mind that the upgrade is only free for 1 year - that takes it somewhere near the end of July 2016.

A question I have yet to see answered is "what improvements will you see if you currently have Windows 8?"

I have got a nicely tweaked Windows 8.1 which runs on the desktop with a start button(ish), my main applications available for instant launch in the task bar and multiple applications/windows running very nicely. I hate Apps which take over the full screen, but they are now few and far between.
Sue Dyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kev. I'll try and remember what I was trying to join and PM.
I can't change my email on my Gumtree account as that is saying invalid but you obviously won't be able to access that without passwords etc. It is a yahoo.co.uk I've used for years and using Firefox.
pambon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geordie Lass wrote:

That's interesting GL cos I get this on my mobile device only but I have just learnt that is because I must use, in these cases, my iCloud address and not my gmail one which that particular website won't recognise from my iphone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: