Windows 10 & Outlook Send/Receive Not Working

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I've noticed on my desktop computer that when I'm filling in forms on several different sites I get an "invalid email" error despite my email being correct. It has only been happening for the last week or so, wonder if that is a bug in W10 too?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Geordie Lass wrote:I've noticed on my desktop computer that when I'm filling in forms on several different sites I get an "invalid email" error despite my email being correct. It has only been happening for the last week or so, wonder if that is a bug in W10 too?
Interesting one as all email validation functions are not going to be the same or even the same language.

PM me one that fails and I'll try it out
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had an invalid email address error this week too. I thought it was more likely to be Chrome than Windows 10 though. As I was responding to a Google Alert for Serre Chevalier on Mumsnet, the site was apparently hacked 24 hours later, so wondered if it also had something to do with that.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

kevsboredagain wrote: if you have a stable Windows 7 then no rush to change.
I agree, but just bear in mind that the upgrade is only free for 1 year - that takes it somewhere near the end of July 2016.

A question I have yet to see answered is "what improvements will you see if you currently have Windows 8?"

I have got a nicely tweaked Windows 8.1 which runs on the desktop with a start button(ish), my main applications available for instant launch in the task bar and multiple applications/windows running very nicely. I hate Apps which take over the full screen, but they are now few and far between.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Thanks Kev. I'll try and remember what I was trying to join and PM.
I can't change my email on my Gumtree account as that is saying invalid but you obviously won't be able to access that without passwords etc. It is a yahoo.co.uk I've used for years and using Firefox.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Geordie Lass wrote:I've noticed on my desktop computer that when I'm filling in forms on several different sites I get an "invalid email" error despite my email being correct. It has only been happening for the last week or so, wonder if that is a bug in W10 too?
That's interesting GL cos I get this on my mobile device only but I have just learnt that is because I must use, in these cases, my iCloud address and not my gmail one which that particular website won't recognise from my iphone.