Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Offering to put advert on facebook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bessie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Offering to put advert on facebook Reply with quote

Anyone else had a call from a company in Cheshire wanting 99 to put adverts for my cottage on Facebook pages of other users (walking,bird watching etc)I think that was the jest of it ,I said I had not got time today infact I don't think I have enough hours in the day today.my list in the farm office keeps getting added to. Shocked
Nemo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore any calls like that bessie. They're just chancers trying to hook people into paying money for them to spam other people's business pages. If you want to post on other peoples pages you can, but to be honest it's not good practise unless the page owner has agreed to it. It's like sticking an advert for your business in the window of a shop, but without asking permission and without paying for it.
jenboyle1959

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Facebook page yourself, Bessie? If so, it's simple to create an advert without having to pay somebody- you just choose an image, a bit of information, and say what your budget is- it can be very modest- and Facebook will put that advert onto Facebook users pages who have specified" self catering holidays" as an interest. (Or similar key words.)
bessie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you nemo and jen,will do.still getting to grips with my twitter page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Social media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: