Offering to put advert on facebook

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
bessie

Offering to put advert on facebook

Post by bessie »

Anyone else had a call from a company in Cheshire wanting £99 to put adverts for my cottage on Facebook pages of other users (walking,bird watching etc)I think that was the jest of it ,I said I had not got time today infact I don't think I have enough hours in the day today.my list in the farm office keeps getting added to. :shock:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ignore any calls like that bessie. They're just chancers trying to hook people into paying money for them to spam other people's business pages. If you want to post on other peoples pages you can, but to be honest it's not good practise unless the page owner has agreed to it. It's like sticking an advert for your business in the window of a shop, but without asking permission and without paying for it.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Do you have a Facebook page yourself, Bessie? If so, it's simple to create an advert without having to pay somebody- you just choose an image, a bit of information, and say what your budget is- it can be very modest- and Facebook will put that advert onto Facebook users pages who have specified" self catering holidays" as an interest. (Or similar key words.)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you nemo and jen,will do.still getting to grips with my twitter page.