summerinitaly.com

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
farmertom

Post by farmertom »

Hi all!

I have run into this old post while doing my own due diligence on this agency. Searching online for "reviews summerinitaly.com" I got to https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.summerinitaly.com, which I found rather promising (particularly because feedback is from travelers, not from owners -- which in my opinion means that they do have clients) and so I got in touch to get some first hand info.

Web site has been established in 2001.

They do ask for a fee in order to join. As Silvia said, they will send someone to the property to take pictures.

You can not create your listing, they do it, and there is no way to have the house live on the web site without a visit from their agent. The reason is that they handle sales and payments, and in order to sell they need to know what they are selling. Besides, they must make sure the house exists before they take payments.

They do not require exclusivity. Commission on bookings is 25%. Local costs/services are not commissioned. You don't need to answer email from clients, they do.

I think they are reliable, there are posts about them on travelers' forum and they do get recommended. Probably they offer more services than the experienced owners on this forum need. They might be worth adding to the "marketing mix" as you can open/close the calendar apparently without limitations.