Homeaway chargeback

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
july

Homeaway chargeback

Post by july »

Customer cancelled booking at short notice and done a credit card chargeback with home away!

Has anyone else experienced this?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

No; this is one of the reasons we don't use HA payments. Did you read at Yapstone's charges and terms and conditions when you signed up? Other have had problems. Good luck!
https://community.homeaway.com/thread/23619
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Judy, what are your HA terms? Have these been overridden?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
july

Post by july »

So far communication with home away surprisingly good!! I will keep you posted of the outcome. Thanks for all your help:)
baringa

Post by baringa »

Because I prefer to pay the HA commission than the flat fee for advertising, I readvertised this year with them, had a client book and pay through the system, then cancel. In order to refund the client, despite the fact the money didn't reach me or my bank, I had to complete the Yapstone SEPA direct debit mandate which I could only do as a recurrent and not one-off payment!!! After several fruitless arguments with them and HA, to preserve the good opinion of the client, I did this and the payment was refunded but I now have to undo it for my own peace of mind, and exit the online payment system.
It's a very dodgy arrangement as others have pointed out.
b_javea

Post by b_javea »

july wrote:So far communication with home away surprisingly good!! I will keep you posted of the outcome. Thanks for all your help:)
What happened in the end?
Natalie86

Post by Natalie86 »

b_javea wrote:
july wrote:So far communication with home away surprisingly good!! I will keep you posted of the outcome. Thanks for all your help:)
What happened in the end?
Yeah, I am also very curious about the final outcome. July please give us an update on your situation! :)