Pillow Protectors. My stupid question

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

kyreniagirl wrote:
Bunny wrote:I can also recommend Dorma 'Forever Full' pillows. They are as good as new after two years.
Bunny. Have you washed them? Am in the market for new pillows but these have very mixed reviews. Do you put one or two on the bed? Thanks.

P.S. Another vote for M&S pillow protectors.
I've not needed to wash them yet, I'm afraid. I only put one on the bed with spares in the wardrobe which rarely get used. They are very full and have not gone flat, like cheap ones do. They have a nice quality piped cover too. I usually buy them when they are on special offer in Dunelm. Must admit I've never tried sleeping on one myself, so now I'm intrigued at the mixed reviews. Will have a look now, in case they are not as comfortable as I believe they are. Never had any complaints though.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Agree with Isy - the M&S pillow quilted pillow protectors are extremely good. Nothing ever gets through to the pillow.
However they are tricky to get the covers over them...I have to push and shove so I use the White Co. pillow protectors on the more dense pillows. Think you get 2 in a pack.
I like these because they are zipped...and so don't come flying off with the pillowcase.
Also they have a nice neat look, as if it is just the pillow casing...just in case any guests take a nosy.
I would say they're also good on the protection level too.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

tavi wrote:I use thick, quilted (cotton where I can get it) pillow protectors underneath my cotton pillow-case. The quilted ones absorb excess sweat, dribble, whatever and are washed between alternate guests.

Otherwise I'd be swapping for new pillows several times every summer - cannot abide those yellowing sweat marks you get on the pillows and no matter how much they say the pillow is washable - it isn't but the protectors are, so my pillows stay pristine - no musty smell, no marks.
Ditto that.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I use disposable pillow protectors. I bought them in bulk when I was equipping the finca. They work very well and don't add unnecessary bulk: http://www.mitrelinen.com/products/bedr ... protector/ My pillows are quite full (IKEA Guldpalm firm) and I think I would struggle to get the pillow plus a quilted protector into a pillowcase.
JaneV

Post by JaneV »

I bought some wonderful pillow protectors from Soak & Sleep that are totally waterproof on the inside but have a velvety soft outside, so are really comfortable. This prevents anything from getting on the pillows. There's always the risk of a spilt cup of tea or coffee when in bed and these would cover all eventualities.