No bookings for Christmas yet!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
rosebud

No bookings for Christmas yet!

Post by rosebud »

i am normally booked for Christmas by early September.
New Year is a bit more uncertain.
3 enquiries (2 HL; 1 my own site) but no booking

Are others booked up?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Yes all 3 fully booked for Christmas. One still free for New Year.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Christmas booked, one in May, one at the end of August. New Year still available, one booking that then vanished and a few bites but nothing firm as yet. Still plenty of time, it just becomes a price issue the nearer it gets.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Hold your nerve!

We only released our Christmas and New Year dates a month or so ago. We' too are usually booked months in advance, but I have had a huge flurry of enquiries over the past couple of weeks and have booked one cottage out and the other should let today I hope.

Most of our enquiries have been panicky in nature ie, guests who should have found somewhere and booked ages ago!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Ours is a popular destination for NY and Xmas - in that order. Our 3 properties were all booked for NY months ago; we filled our last Xmas slot about 4 weeks back. Note that we're flexible on length of stay, min 3 days and wouldn't expect a full week booking at NY; however it's also peak rate.
BUT - the whole UK market seems to be in turmoil this year and previous "normal" patterns (are there such things? :? ) are irrelevant. I reckon there's heaps of time for Xmas bookings from people hoping to escape families etc and still checking the lie of the land, as long as they realise there's plenty of availability and it's not too late.
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

Both units booked for Xmas and NY, yay! Both sets of guests came for the first time last holiday season. I love having it all wrapped up this early. I've spent too many years fielding last minute inquiries for Xmas and/or New Years. :D
matesalka

Post by matesalka »

We are popular for Xmas and NY. Xmas was booked in August and NY was booked last April
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

New year booked ages ago but barely a nibble for Xmas. Last year out was booked by returning guests but they'll not be back because of ill health. Agree that there's plenty of time and not going to panic and reduce price. Decided when we first started that unless it was to fill awkward gaps in the calendar or cancellations that we wouldn't reduce prices.
Oh I do like to be beside the sea...

www.bumblebeecottagefiley.com
Owners Direct: 8151873
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Oh well - still waiting ...

Booked for Xmas by early September at the very latest for the past 4 years. Last year through the Cottage Guide, year before through Holiday Lettings ...

I will keep my fingers crossed!
PortugalGuy

Post by PortugalGuy »

0 book's for december

booking.com not working well if they expect to lower the prices! :twisted: that 15% charge kill me for such a bad service from them
Algarve Guy Renting houses
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've never had a booking in Spain at xmas, ever.

In France, xmas should be my biggest seller but this year, nothing, hardly even an enquiry. Last year there was virtually no snow anywhere in the Alps at xmas so perhaps people are holding off this year. There was fresh snow on the mountains only yesterday so perhaps I could be cheeky and up my rate in anticipation :twisted:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Surprisingly, my Christmas week was booked ages ago, and New Year is still empty. I don't think I have even had an enquiry for it.
Worrying.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

HelenB wrote:Surprisingly, my Christmas week was booked ages ago, and New Year is still empty. I don't think I have even had an enquiry for it.
Worrying.
Same here though we are getting enquiries only one has got back, a group of teenagers and they wanted to pay on arrival!!

Normally new year is much more popular than Christmas
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

This is our first christmas and we have been booked for christmas and new year, very pleased the way it is going, booked for 34 days next year too, that may not be a lot for some of you but I'm happy.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

No Christmas booking so far and I'm rather keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get one.

The dilemma of whether to decorate/not decorate and the logistics of how to do so whilst 4 hours away is therefore averted!