Quick & Easy Guide to Creating a Business Facebook Page

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Casscat

Quick & Easy Guide to Creating a Business Facebook Page

Post by Casscat »

Idiot's guide please? I set up a business page for my finca, and I am happy with it overall. A friend has a finca in a nearby town (we actually met in the car hire queue :mrgreen:) but her finca FB page is a personal page and therefore not setting out its stall. If she was to create a page for her holiday rental what is the step by step guide? I know I've done it myself but I've forgotten, plus the 'step by step' would be very useful to other visitors to this page.

Final question: can she morph her 'personal' finca page into a business page? She has past guests who are friends (this is not her own FB page as an individual by the way). Obviously it would be better to make it a business to capture a wider audience but then she'd have to re-engage with all these people. Is there a work-around? Forgive my ignorance.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Yes she can morph.
FB actual has it's own guides.
https://www.facebook.com/business/learn ... ebook-page
NON FB guide
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/face ... -business/
Just ow idiot proof the above are depends on the idiot I suppose :lol: .
Notice around here that some of my "friends" have gone because the FB page was a company page. Maybe they have a cleansing operation going on around here.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

She can convert her profile to a page; indeed she must, as it could be closed down at any point. Google convert profile to page and the link will come up - I can't post it from my phone.

She'll keep her friends, which will be converted to likes, but lose all the content, so if she wants to save anything, do that before starting.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

With the tip from Nemo I converted our very popular pubcat's profile to a page. It was probably a matter of time before "CraigDavid Pubcat" was figured not to be a real person by Facebook as indeed his friend "Normandog Blackwell" was, and lost everything.

Friends who use nicknames instead of their real names have also been told by FB to change to match their passport/birth certificate. You can in fact report someone you suspect of not using their real name and their account may be suspended. Edinburgh on here found that out recently ;-)

I know one owner on the dog friendly group who ran his business page under his dog's name had it deleted without warning and lost all contacts. Who knows the ways of the mighty Facebook?!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Nemo wrote:She can convert her profile to a page; indeed she must, as it could be closed down at any point. Google convert profile to page and the link will come up - I can't post it from my phone.

She'll keep her friends, which will be converted to likes, but lose all the content, so if she wants to save anything, do that before starting.
Nicely put. 8)

I wish people would appreciate the difference between a "Profile" and a "Page". "Profiles" are people - "Pages" are for businesses, organisations etc. The terms aren't interchangeable.

Here's the link Nemo refers to, explaining the difference and how to convert a personal Profile to a Page: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/175644189234902

NB You do need a personal Profile to manage a Page!
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.