Webpage Update Review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sazzleevans

Webpage Update Review

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I was online last night reviewing one of the fellow members websites and I was pointing out that his website didn't say WOW! His place is great, his photos are lovely but sizing and layout didn't scream WOW amazing!

It got me thinking about my website. Statistically people visit either my blog place first or my homepage (after following a link from my Facebook page) then they go to a page where I highlight the apartments features. This needs to WOW them I think but I don't think it does?

I get a lot of direct bookings but I need to revamp this page a lot and was hoping for some hard hitting opinions on it. I've removed the gallery at the bottom as in going to try a new plugin. There was be a gallery of photos. I just need your opinion and suggestions on it. If you've seen a layout that would fit better is love an example!!!

Here's the page

http://islacanelaholidays.com/our-apartment2/

Thanks
Sarah
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

I like the way that the pictures and text set the scene so you can imagine staying there.

I dislike the "What we can offer" boxes in red. I think reading red is horrible, there must be a psychological study to back this up :) Any other colour would be fine.

I really like the "How to book" animation. It was the first thing I focused on. How can I make one of these?!?

I'm not sure of the context of the pictures of the kid swimming and the lady on the balcony? If the review above said "my kid loved the pool" then it would make sense or "I relaxed with a glass on wine on the balcony". Assuming the woman on the balcony is you then (sorry) it almost implies you will be there during my stay :)

The property looks very inviting and I would be very tempted to book.
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Your very kind. Its hard to tell if you manage to create an appealing page. I will change the colour of the text!!

The video is very easy to make i will send you the link!

Thanks!
Sarah
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

newtimber

Post by newtimber »

sazzleevans wrote:Your very kind. Its hard to tell if you manage to create an appealing page. I will change the colour of the text!!

Thanks!
Sarah
I agree about the colour needing to change.
I also don't like to be asked to prompted to send an email enquiry (distracting popup on the side of the screen that covers up part of the text I as about to read) before I've even started to look in detail at the page.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thanks guys. We are waiting on a timer delay on pop up for it pops up after 4 minutes on site x
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Guys

I have fiddled a little with lots more to do on this page. What do you think of the blue instead of the red in the side menu? Too cold?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Same comments as last time I reviewed it :P

I remember then that everyone said they hated the email pop up.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Yes, hes said he is working on a delay for it so it will come up after 4 minutes, what do you think of this page? x