erm - a second review following changes. If thats ok?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Kitty thomas

erm - a second review following changes. If thats ok?

Post by Kitty thomas »

You were all so helpful when I asked for a first review. I have made most of the changes suggested. However, please note that I am still waiting for the professional photographer to take photos following the cottages redecoration and installation of log burners. But if anyone would please review it again, I'd be very grateful. Sarah x www.toddandgunncottageswasdale.co.uk
If at first you don't succeed, put the kettle on.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Sleeps: 4 (1 Bedrooms); Rates: £0 to £500 GBP

Still free to stay there :shock:
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

yeah - I don't know where its picking that zero up from. I'll have to try to track it down. Thank you.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

Hi Kitty
I didn't see your first post so this may have been mentioned before:
1) I would crop the pictures on the photo page so they are the same size / ratio.
2) The links on the links page don't actually link to anything.
Hope that helps!
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
Kitty thomas

Post by Kitty thomas »

Thank you brightmike - I know about the photos -am awaiting proper ones done in two weeks time, then all will be updated.
The links not linking is vexing. Will check that out thank you
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The zero price is showing on here http://www.toddandgunncottageswasdale.c ... ommodation

Don't you have a rates table?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK, I see that you do, but they aren't immediately obvious. You need a page on the main menu which shows this too. People viewing a website have a limited attention span. If they don't immediately see what they need, they will move on quickly.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

I like it! I dont like the colour of the pink font on the guest review page but apart from that i like it a lot!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Perhaps you may want to re-read your FAQs. Its confusing who is who. Sometimes you is we and sometimes we is we but surely we rent to you. :wink:

e.g.
How do we pay?
We ask for a deposit of a 25% .....

Do we accept short breaks?
We do now cater for off peak short breaks.

Yes, its difficult to get it right using the FAQ construction.....
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

New member here and this is my first feedback attempt so please don't shoot the messenger!

All comments are (obviously) just my own opinion and are given in a genuine attempt to provide some constructive criticism! I am a self-confessed stickler for detail so apologies in advance if this comes across as a bit OTT ;)

Home Page
First impression – top left photo very nice but other 2 on right detract from it (top one not clear bottom one stretched). Further reading tells me you're awaiting redecoration and photographer so for now I’d suggest replacing those 2 with internal shots of double bed and wood burning stove to combine scenic left with cosy right.

I’d suggest an opening sentence explaining these are 2x separate/individual cottages as although it's clear on further reading it may not read that clearly to potential overseas visitors.

Typo - 2nd line down National Park (capital N)

Typo - Gunn cottage one dog (instead of dogs)

Suggestion – “multiple dogs” doesn’t sound good to me (on the properties page it states “up to four”)

Consider ending with a call to action (e.g. click here, book now etc) as this could be more productive than “we hope to see you soon”

Still plenty of empty space on either side – consider more photos or else graphic panels.

Properties page
Suggest you insert something along the lines of "separate and self-contained" on the first line as otherwise there's room for an element of doubt.

Local Area page
Typo - first line move comma next to farm (farm,)
Typo - last line better left-aligned as a new paragraph.

Photos page
Could possibly be shooting yourself in the foot by telling prospective bookers that it’s undergoing redecoration! Fine to say it's just been redecorated but as it stands it's a negative.

Guestbook page
Definitely lose the pink font. Much easier on the eye if fonts are fairly consistent throughout the pages.

Suggest adding name and home location of guest may add a little credibility.

Links page
Suggest a sentence or two explaining the purpose of the links or else a description above each one.

Pet Policy
There are multiple references to dogs so might be tidier to refer to an overall pet policy in one place than scatter mentions of 1 dog, 4 dogs, multiple dogs etc.

You might also consider that a simple "pet friendly" statement is far less likely to alienate potential bookers who aren't pet owners. I suspect that by stating dogs are allowed in bedrooms and on sofas you could potentially be turning away up to 50% of your potential market. Having said that it might work fine as it is if selling it via portals who specifically target pet friendly markets.

Hope this helps ;)
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…