color of sheets and towels

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Sounds dreadful!
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

aasta wrote: I had thought about hot water bottles, too. do you make them up for the guests and make sure the closeures are tightly closed??
thanks for your comments...aasta
In one of our rooms we have a microwave hot water bottle that guests can use , it does not seem to get to hot, and the just pop it in the microwave for 4 minutes

have always gone down the white route for towels etc, but this year i am so fed up with stains that will not come out,i think are sun tan lotion. so thinking that maybe next time i buy towels i will have coloured ones
Nessie
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Mousie: they only take three mins to heat up really well and then if you pop them in the bed it warms them up nicely (I put it round my feet which is where I feel the cold) before you get in and keep them there while you go to sleep. They hold their heat quite well for a good half hour or more.

BW: Yes, could be a problem if they don't follow instructions and I guess we all know there are plenty of instances of that.. :roll:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We have M&S 50/50 poly cotton with slight pattern cover and pillowcases and Christy towels in green and they are still going strong after 5 years.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Naj

color of sheets and towels

Post by Naj »

The colour has to be white. Not only does this colour look lovely & fresh, but easy to launder too. Tried dark towels but bleach marks soon put paid to that. At least with white towels I can add a dash of bleach to the wash to whiten them.

Ater a few years of ironing our own percale bed linen, we decided to go for Egyptian cotton (supplied and laundered by a laundry thank goodness) and the feel and crisp sound of it is lovely.

We only have a supply of dark towels for guests who mark/stain the towels after one night!

Tis Devon, glorious Devon
Tis Devon, glorious Devon