Promote my Place users

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Hello to all, new member here. I've never heard of PMP so just had a browse at site. Thinking for a free trial and only £69 it'd be daft not to try it.

Referral codes welcome BUT (that's a big but!)...

I'm curious as to why no-one posting above has bothered to put their own website within their signature?

If anyone would care to pm me a code along with a link to their own site, how about I use whichever one's website bowls me over the most?!!!! Is that reasonable?

Thanks in anticipation.
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

You'll see the website links in people's profiles more often than their signatures.

Keeps the spambot visits to a minimum if you are using analytics to track referral sources.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Hi Gordo

I've PM'd you a code. Some of us prefer to remain anonymous because there are a vast amount of silent members on here and only a small proportion of regulars. Even though you can post in the 'members only' section, sometimes we discuss delicate matters that you wouldn't necessarily want a guest to identify with.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Gordo wrote:
I'm curious as to why no-one posting above has bothered to put their own website within their signature?
Many people believe that Google will lower the ranking of their website if it is referenced too many times in a forum. This is indeed true although no one can quantify just how much affect it has. There are others ways to avoid this but still retain a link in the signature.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Ah.. ok that makes sense.

At the moment I don't know my sig from my profile but I'll get there shortly!

Thanks for pm's re code :)
wanderer

PMP

Post by wanderer »

Goodmorning, I too would appreciate a referral code for PMP, some kind folk gave me one back in Spring but still haven't completed the site. Many thanks
Bunny

Re: PMP

Post by Bunny »

wanderer wrote:Goodmorning, I too would appreciate a referral code for PMP, some kind folk gave me one back in Spring but still haven't completed the site. Many thanks
Goodmorning, I've PM'd you a code Wanderer.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Many thanks Bunny
FelicityA

Re: PMP

Post by FelicityA »

wanderer wrote:Goodmorning, I too would appreciate a referral code for PMP, some kind folk gave me one back in Spring but still haven't completed the site. Many thanks
That was me, wanderer! I have sent it again!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thought it might be best to tag this question on to this thread....I have no idea how to use the analytics thing on PMP, believe me I have tried.
I think I have it on but don't get any useful info so maybe I haven't
Can anyone give me a really simple step by step guide to turning it on and using it?

Grateful (techo thick) Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Just busy in Dublin at the moment, Mouse so I can't do the step by step thing just now ( will try later if no one has answered in detail) but have you explored the 'Acquistions' thing in the list of things you can analyse? I find that the most useful - seeing where referrals are coming from. Or have you not been able to even log in?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

FelicityA wrote:Just busy in Dublin at the moment, Mouse so I can't do the step by step thing just now ( will try later if no one has answered in detail) but have you explored the 'Acquistions' thing in the list of things you can analyse? I find that the most useful - seeing where referrals are coming from. Or have you not been able to even log in?
Thanks felicity.....might be at the logging in stage :oops: I will take a good look over the weekend and check out your suggestion.

Enjoy Dublin!

Grateful Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Do any of you already using PMP know if it's possible to attach your own PDF documents anywhere within the template?

I've seen various sites with PDF's under an /uploads directory but I'd want to attach within the main copy so that they can be downloaded without the enquirer needing to have entered any data - hope that makes sense.

Have emailed PMP just thought I might get a quicker response on here, thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by Gordo on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Thanks Felicity, yes I remember it was you I think back in March, Thanks again.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Gordo, we have several PDF documents as part of our site - they are stored as attachments (which I think you see on the left hand side when you are in edit mode). When you are inputting text on a page, you can insert a link and then the highlighted text will open the PDF that you have pointed it to.

PMP are great at responding to queries so I am sure they have already got back to you :)
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?