middle of purchasing property in france

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
dell

middle of purchasing property in france

Post by dell »

Hi I am new to site and also new to purchasing property
We have had our offer excepted on a property in midi Pyrenees.
It was used as holiday rentals approx 5 yrs ago and we have decided to live in one and rent out the other 2 gites
Any advice on what people expect from typical french village gites
where is best to advertise it is in ideal place for walking cycling and in winter 40 minutes away from ski slopes and 20 min away from cross country ski lift area (??)
We were not sure if we should make one property pet friendly ?
Thank you in advance
annedab

Post by annedab »

Hello Dell - welcome to the forum, I'm sure there will be lots of people along with some helpful advice. In the meantime, welcome to the Midi-Pyrenees too! Have a browse of all the different forums - everything you need is here although you will soon realise that there is rarely a "one size fits all" answer to anything. Happy browsing :D
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Go Google yourself :D

Seriously, try looking for what you intend to offer on Google and see which sites appear. That's where you should be looking to advertise.

There is no best site to advertise with but you can spread the risk and select several to start with. Then evolve as you learn from the results.
Last edited by kevsboredagain on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Welcome to the forum. I can't offer any more specific advice than above. I see you've posted the same post in two different topic areas. You only need to post once; members often see all posts by clicking on the view posts since last visit on the right hand side.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Hello Dell and welcome to LMH!

It sounds as though you'll be not too far from me :lol:

Lots of advice to be gleaned by reading back over the forums here; the best piece I can give you is to reflect carefully and long on where you want to sit in the market, what your USP will be and what skills, experience and passions you have in order to market it. All of that will determine not just where to advertise but also how to renovate, furnish and set up your gites. And remember - you're selling an experience, not a house.