Comments on site please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
killie

Comments on site please

Post by killie »

Would appreciate any comments from you guys on www.villalinakis.com Please bear in mind that the villa was only completed and ready for rental at the end of May this year. I have just managed to obtain a few updated photos which will be replacing some of the villa photos on the homepage very soon and adding to other pages too.

Thanks
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi Killie

There is plenty of info on the site but you might want to give the text on your home page a bit of room to breath.

A big slab of words can turn people off straight away.

And I wouldn't rely upon Google translation as it could mean people spend more time picking apart the translated text, instead of booking a stay.

Very minor point on the Villa Details page is that it is using different navigation across the top of the page than other pages.

Something that might help search engine results is to write a few paragraphs to accompany the photo pages of both the work on the property and the gallery pics you've taken.

Google loves place names and locations especially if your site has plenty of interesting content.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Craig
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for taking the time to review my website.

My brother (Killie who posted the message) has been busy working on the new front page. We have taken on board your suggestions especially regarding the text overload on the front page. It has served it's purpose in bulking up the page for us while we had a lack of photographs, but now we need to redesign the whole page and hit the readers with the villa itself.

I've made a start on writing text for the photos in the gallery, I'd better get a move on and finish it as my brother is a hard task/webmaster :twisted:

Once again, thank you. :D

Eileen.
Topcat

Villalinakis

Post by Topcat »

I thought this was a lovely website. You've certainly sold it to me! I wish I was in the market - if I was, I wouldn't hesitate in booking. You provide interesting information about the villa and the area, and the photos are lovely. I really thought I was there.

Yes, there may be a lot of text. It didn't worry me personally, as it was well written, but there may be some point in breaking it up a bit.

But if I ever go to Corfu, you will be my first port of call from this site.

Regards,
Pauliner
nboxall

Post by nboxall »

Your site seems to be unavailable
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Yes what a nightmare :cry: . It has been down since 8am on Monday, my webhost Compila have promised it should be on later tonight. As well as my website down I don't have access to my emails

This is a reply I received from Compila at 5pm tonight...

"It is now a matter of waiting for the propagation. iT can take
upto 24 hours from the reinstall at 8 this morning for it to
resolve but we are confident that it will resolve sometime this
evening"

Propagation? I thought that was something you did with plants! :?

Thanks for pointing it out.

Eileen.