Wordpress widget problems

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Nemo

Wordpress widget problems

Post by Nemo »

I have the simple share buttons widget on my website. I added a review/testimonial on my page and suddenly it has the simple share buttons below it. None of my others do so I went looking in the dashboard and am completely flummoxed!

I can see the share widget and its enabled as Primary. I can't see it in my dynamic widgets or anywhere else in the dashboard apart from widgets. I can see it at the bottom of the actual website pages but it now appears to be attached to the later testimonials that I have added as well.

I have testimonials in the sidebar but can't see any way of accessing its settings. Is the problem likely to be with the testimonial widget or the simple share buttons? Any ideas as to what to do? They are both up to date, although the testimonials widget says its not tested with the version of wordpress I have installed.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well I've managed to do a little digging and found the settings for the share buttons. I disabled them all and then enabled them one by one. As soon as I enabled pages, they appeared back. So it appears to think that testimonials is a page. I also made the share widget dynamic and disabled testimonials but that didn't work and some still have the share buttons. No idea how to deal with that one....so I have disabled all pages apart from the homepage as I haven't got time to think about it now having spent the last hour probing around! I have the share buttons is the sidebar so I think that should be ok.

Back to work and ignore my meanderings.... :)
baringa

Post by baringa »

I seem to spend all my time digging around in the settings and widgets of my WP website and it usually beats me! Well done for sorting it out.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Not sure I entirely sorted it out. It just went into the difficult pile!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Nemo wrote: ignore my meanderings.... :)
ok :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

kevsboredagain wrote:
Nemo wrote: ignore my meanderings.... :)
ok :D
Everyone did until yesterday....sob,sob.... :wink: :lol: