Good availability table for website?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Gazpacho

Good availability table for website?

Post by Gazpacho »

I am upgrading my ancient website (thanks for the advice previously!) and after trying all the free trials I have finally decided to go with Squarespace. It has been a bit hard to get used to but I have finally got the hang of it and the site is almost ready!
I can't see an availability table for Squarespace. I had been using Dateblocker before but it seems rather old-fashioned now. Can anyone recommend an availability calendar that looks good?
Essar

Post by Essar »

If you advertise with AB or HA you can use their calendars in your own website - they provide widgets for this purpose. I use the old one from HL that is no longer advertised but still supported (i can give you the necessary code).
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

You can do as Essar says ... but much better to stay independent, say I. Why would you want to advertise HA or AB for them and send your website visitors there?

I use a calendar from availabilitycalendar.com. It's simple, elegant and very customisable. Not expensive, easy to update, no advertising or logo, you can generate it in several languages and it can be exported via iCal so it can be used to update listing sites if you want to. I have a site made with Weebly and I just embed it using a html widget.

You can see what mine looks like on my website.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Sorry just going off-piste..... I love your website Kalba, could spend hours on there reading everything, already have spent ages reading your recipe section and am making the sticky pear and ginger cake this afternoon (using pears from Estuary House). :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well I just wish I were close enough to drop in for tea, Kathy :lol:

Thank you for your lovely comments :oops: . Enjoy the cake!
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the customizable availability calendar and may go with that one!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

French Cricket wrote:Well I just wish I were close enough to drop in for tea, Kathy :lol:
Me too!! However, still haven't made it, everything else has taken over, so it might just be ready for a midnight snack at this rate!
Kathy
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Okay, so if I leave now and speed all the way I might just make it :lol:

Sorry for cake - er, thread - creep Gazpacho!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I always thought Dateblocker was fairly customisable? It was when I last used it. You can set the colors to match your website colors and chose the layout. The only downside was that it was hosted on another site and had no iCal.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

French Cricket wrote:Okay, so if I leave now and speed all the way I might just make it :lol:
Even worse, I'm actually in Plymouth, not Brittany!
Kathy