translation

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
roxytoo

translation

Post by roxytoo »

can anyone recommend a translation site other than google? I have just replied to a french email and used the google one as my french is not quite up to freelance yet and nearly died laughing when i translated it back!! (Don't think I'll get that booking!)

on another note I cannot seem to get replys to my post even though I have it ticked, any ideas anyone?

:lol:
musicmonkey

Post by musicmonkey »

roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

many thanks,
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Meishka,

I think Reverso is a little better than Babelfish (both are free and instant). But you do have to go through and correct where you can because there will be mistakes. Reverso does give you options where a word can have two meanings, and you have to delete one.

But the best, and one of the net's best secrets, is
www.thewordsmith.cjb.net

I don't know why she does it, but this is someone who translates for free, into several languages, and quickly. When I showed a translation to my French friend who is a translator she was impressed with the quality. But her turnaround wouldn't be fast enough for email enquiries, more for websites, contracts, etc.

About the lack of email notification when your post is replied to - this is a problem with the software we're using here, which we are still looking into (although it's really got to the head-scratching stage!)
Paolo
Lay My Hat