Lost the icon for volume on Windows 7

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Kev I have it installed but sometimes it's a question of them (or I) co-ordinating our times...... But yes it's a big help when we are both at our PC stations!!!!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Bunny wrote:Pambon
This could be pure coincidence but I lost my sound icon on the task bar the other day too. I couldn't get it back either, but the next day, having closed down, it had miraculously just reappeared. :?
Well Bunny I will check it out this morning hoping that it works for me too. My brother suggested that too.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Bunny wrote:
kyreniagirl wrote:
casasantoestevo wrote:"Bottom right hand of the tray on home page" Try hard to understand what this means. Home page is not related to home computer it is more related to the internet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_page

Now the following solutions are more technical. If you are not confident in messing this deep inside the operation system (windoze), then please do not attempt these repairs.
http://ccm.net/faq/6564-windows-volume-icon-missing
Sorry - was trying to make it simple.

"In the tray at bottom of screen oi right hand corner"

I am not techy - just saying what works for me on a regular basis.
I might not have had the arrow, but I understood your language KG!

:wink: :lol:
Thank you :)
pambon

Post by pambon »

I did too KG! But I was also actually able to follow all the advice here so thanks everyone!

Yes, booting up this thing 'ere just now, the volume icon has returned! (How weird!) However, I have still lost the arrow which opens the icons that were not on display and I have something called Synaptics on display which I can't delete and the dreaded Windows 10 icon.
Hopefully sometime today I can organise a Team Viewer appointment.. unless anyone out there has it and can help me.....
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Pambon
I have Teamviewer (I regularly help out my 81 yr old dad in the UK) and am around today if you want to PM me your details.
pambon

Post by pambon »

la vache! wrote:Hi Pambon
I have Teamviewer (I regularly help out my 81 yr old dad in the UK) and am around today if you want to PM me your details.
Thanks LV, have PM'd you. Will be out later this morning but in all day from lunch time.
CSE

Post by CSE »

pambon wrote:I did too KG! But I was also actually able to follow all the advice here so thanks everyone!

Yes, booting up this thing 'ere just now, the volume icon has returned! (How weird!) However, I have still lost the arrow which opens the icons that were not on display and I have something called Synaptics on display which I can't delete and the dreaded Windows 10 icon.
Hopefully sometime today I can organise a Team Viewer appointment.. unless anyone out there has it and can help me.....
Again it is not so easy, but here are the details.
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/wind ... emove.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
pambon

Post by pambon »

casasantoestevo wrote:
pambon wrote:I did too KG! But I was also actually able to follow all the advice here so thanks everyone!

Again it is not so easy, but here are the details.
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/wind ... emove.html
Fairly well explained and easy to follow I would think but I would be terrified to try it! And I certainly agree with all this guys says about the crap. No worse than FB really which I am not on.
pambon

Post by pambon »

OK folks, panic over!

My IT guru TV'd me and did it in a few moments :oops:

Now have the arrow back and everything else I originally had and rid me of what I didn't want.

Thanks for your support.