Do paid Facebook ads work?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Ecosse

Do paid Facebook ads work?

Post by Ecosse »

Hello, has anyone ever paid for a FB ad for your property to appear on the pages of people who might be interested in booking? The ones that cost, say 2€ a day and target ski loving Parisiens, or similar? Apparently you only pay for the number of clicks on your ad. Mr GMJ is convinced it's the way forward but I'm not so sure as I've never heard anyone say 'I booked after an ad appeared on my newsfeed' or, 'we get lots of bookings via our paid FB ad'. I'm also someone who never clicks on ads on social media... but am I in the minority?
Annew

Post by Annew »

I tried one last year for a cancellation week. I think my budget was £12.00. The ad did not result in a booking, but it drove a lot traffic to my website and I got quite a few 'Likes' from it too. It also generate enquiries for other periods.

There's nothing to lose by giving a go in my opinion.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
tavi

Post by tavi »

I tried a "promoted post" on a whim a while back.

Think I spent €5 - and targeted by age group, hobbies, likes....etc. It was a good photo/post...I hadn't really thought it through....next time I might try it with a call to action of some sort.

It got loads of views, shares and likes - (can't log in to FB at the mo to be more specific)....no bookings but I would definitely try it again, maybe with more of a marketing goal in mind.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I tried once for about 30 Euros but produced no return.
Kirigiwi

Post by Kirigiwi »

I ran one for a while aimed at getting page likes, I put a minimum budget and got 4-5 new likes a day, but no actual bookings or enquiries. I will probably do it again in spring with a very specific target, for a limited spend and for a limited time I think it's worth a try.
I have to thank Facebook though, I got my first ever booking from posting about the house in a FB group I belong to, and now another potential guest from that group who couldn't afford it last year just got back in contact for next year.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Thanks everyone. It appears the jury is out... which doesn't quite solve the argument between me and Mr GMJ :lol: Might look into it further, though.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

I needed to fill a 2 week summer slot that had been cancelled at short notice so I setup a £2 per day like-building exercise and planned to run it for 2 weeks at a cost of £28. By the 4th day I'd got the 2 weeks sold. There's a lot of crap/bogus ID stuff on there but if you think of it as purely a numbers game then it's certainly worth a try. My demographics were showing me that 75%+ of clickers were female and 80%+ were using mobile phones. Very easy to switch different countries on and off and so focus more on dedicated areas (if appropriate). I only got the one booking (objective achieved) but as a consequence ended up with a list of almost 300 prospects whom I can now potentially 'spam' for next year.

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…