What to do.....

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Invoice Fraise?? :shock: You lot are obviously a lot more organised than me!! :oops:

Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

johnel wrote:Been there, when you get a call out of the blue about renting, your mind goes into meltdown, you cant log on, you cant think straigh and you are trying to be oh so calm and controlled on the phone.
I must try to cut down on my wine consumption, as inevitably, the calls come through just after dinner, or worse still, during. I'm always the last to finish, and husband hates to take phone calls at home - a male thing, yes? So a few evenings ago, the phone rang, he reached for it, and without answering, handed it to me, saying 'it will be for you'.

I had a mouth full of tractor tyre and two veg at the time. Not very professional: it was a booking inquiry. So embarrassing! Tried to swallow quietly and recover the situation: had to pull myself together sharpish as this nice young man had a list of questions a mile long, and was all ready to sign the cheque and post it.

But it hasn't arrived yet and I won't relax until it does.

Think I'll unplug the phone while grazing in future!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All, :D

I often get enquiries at inopportune[not sure thats right]...moments usually on my mobile while Im down the high street...Nowhere near my booking diary...
I usually have a chat and give them basic Info ask for phone no and I will call back later ...that sort of thing..
When Im home and the phone goes and Rates...Costs...Deposits are being discussed...
I always tell them...
but say email me your questions and I will email back ...So that we will both have a copy of what was said...[As Ive a head like a sieve]
...I keep them all.....
Copy the important bits into my Diary[making a note of theyre email address and the date of the original Enquiry..so I can always look back.]

This has come in useful as last year someone forgot she had a child??!![quite handy as it took her to 9 in the house and the Max is 8]
When I queried it nearer the time she said...'You said it would be ok'..I said 'I would have got you to email me about it'...'I did 'she said...'you emailed back and said that would be fine'
Sent her the emails that we had exchanged.........silence...she won though as I let her bring her[been a shame to leave her at home alone :roll:]
Topcat

forgetful tenants

Post by Topcat »

This has come in useful as last year someone forgot she had a child??!![quite handy as it took her to 9 in the house and the Max is 8]
Ourt tenant forgot she had an old English sheepdog! Funny, that especially as the advert and the contract specified no pets so you'd think that would have reminded her.

Pauline
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Pauliner,
Ourt tenant forgot she had an old English sheepdog! Funny, that especially as the advert and the contract specified no pets so you'd think that would have reminded her.
That isnt a Shaggy Dog story is it :lol: [and did you let it stay] :roll:
Topcat

old English sheepdog

Post by Topcat »

This was our tenant that wants to extend her 6 month lease. Yes, we did let it stay, because by then we were despairing of ever finding a tenant. We just wrote into the contract that she had to pay for a professional clean when she left.

We're letting her stay, by the way. Now could I really turn out a woman, 4 children and OES into the snow before christmas?

Maybe, but could we get another tenant before then? No. So it seems best all round.

Pauline
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We're letting her stay, by the way. Now could I really turn out a woman, 4 children and OES into the snow before christmas?
Think Ive seen the Film...... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully it will all end happily :wink: :roll: :lol: