Google+ My Business -------> Booking.com Parameters

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
donnylu

Google+ My Business -------> Booking.com Parameters

Post by donnylu »

Hi Guys,

Anyone know the parameters been used by Google to link your My Business Page to your booking.com advertisement. As we know people can now book through the commission heavy websites through your G+ My business page. Just wondering how they are create an exact match linking the 2 services/portals.

Thanks,

Donny
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

No such booking.com mention on our Google+Page itself, but details from our Page and a link to booking.com do appear in the Google Local results box. Local results contain a mashup from various sources including both Google+Pages and advertisers like booking.com. However, in our case I don't recognise the source of the Local results description of our property at all! Does your Local results description come from a recogniseable source?

It seems that booking.com uses location extensions in its adwords campaigns - hence they appear in Google Local results.

At least, that is the reason given by the Google Adwords staff member "Coco" here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5 ... d-p/207970
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
donnylu

Post by donnylu »

Thanks Chassis. Not too sure why you are not getting it. But if you google say any hotel just look at their google+ my business page and sure enough you should see it. A google plus page really is not exclusiverly yours. Effectively you can use it but google reserve the right to stick whatever else they want in there.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Can you post a link to your Page if you think there are links to booking.com on it?

I don't think that is possible - they should only appear in Local search results.

For example, here is our Page - no mention of Booking.com, though Booking.com does appear in Local search results.

https://plus.google.com/b/1041652717929 ... 7&hl=en-GB
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
donnylu

Post by donnylu »

Cassis, Oooh nice property. Can you do my garden for me!

Yeah I thought I wasn't making myself clear. So What I am referring to is your My Business Page. So this is what you see on the right hand side when you google your property. Within this window you can see the booking.com ads. This is what I am referring to.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Kind of busy with our own garden at the mo but thanks for the compliment. :D

If you mean this sort of thing in Google results:

then it's down to a booking.com adwords campaign, based on the search terms.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Alan Egan

Post by Alan Egan »

This isn't actually Google plus.
The section of the screenshot on the left is powered by Google local / places (something that 'traditional' VR owners can't use as you need to live on site or have a manned reception).
The section on the right, with the book now button, is powered by Google's knowledge graph.
As you said, you don't have any control as to whether it shows your property or someone elses. Or what it shows if it does display your place.
The knowledge graph does seem to take some aspects from G+ and is an overall indication that Google sees you as the local 'go to' accommodation.