oh no

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
garlic

oh no

Post by garlic »

B*******r with my guest due to arrive in an hour or so I've just been into the house to light the fire only to discover the electrics are fusing. everything was off but I've narrowed the problem down to the sockets in the main bedroom and the bathroom. There's nothing plugged in so it must be a fault with the actually workings...........ooohhhhh the electrics are only two years old and are under guarantee but getting the electrician out here before she arrives is nigh on impossible so there is no heating in the bedroom or bathroom. OH has gone off somewhere and his phone is on voicemail, I've sent dippy daughter out to try to find him with a note, trying to get hold of the electrician but it's Saturday so no joy...ooooooh I don't know what to do other than write this pathetic message and hope OH gets home before she arrives and then at least I have someone to hide behind.........ooooh :cry:
debk

Post by debk »

Oh, Garlic, brings back memories of when the pipe burst an hour before some honeymooners were arriving at one of our rentals and the kitchen was totally flooded. So sorry this is happening to you!

Do you have a portable gas heater you could take over to for a quick warm of the bedroom? I know they aren't the safest things but ...

And there must be on-call electricians? Did you try the yellow pages for 24hour support lines? We once got a plumber on a Sunday within an hour. He did great work, too, at very reasonable prices.

And what about an extension cord or two until Monday? Just being creative. :shock:

Beyond that, hopefully your guests will be understanding... and a meal "on you" at a favorite restaurant will buy you some time and goodwill. Maybe you could call the restaurant beforehand and pre-arrange to pay the bill and/or walk them there and deal with payment after they are seated? (We have to do these things because restaurant gift certificates aren't much used around here.)

Good luck!!!!
debk
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Oh Garlic... :roll:
I was sooo looking fwd to the arrival of said guest weve heard so much about I feel I know her...
and if I do debs right get some portable heaters light a few candles[the lightings better for women of a certain age anyway]
Get lots of drink..... and Im sure everything will be fine...Youll laugh about this later I promise... :wink: :lol:
dippy daughter
[shes not related to me is she..] :roll:
garlic

Post by garlic »

Ok problem solved :D :D :D

Couldn't get hold of my electrician but my dear dear (even more so now) friend got hold of an electrician friend of hers and they came rushing to the rescue. It was the bleeming kettle! When my electrician labeled the fuses he forgot to add that one single socket in the kitchen is on the same string urrgh so although I'd unplugged everything in the bedrooms etc I didn't think for a second that it would be in that odd corner of the kitchen. Thank god for friends, I was just feeling doomed. I'm trying to scub up my rather tatty old stove top kettle, I'm sure that isn't going to spoil her stay too much. I feel ten years older and it's still far too early for a glass of wine :)
debk

Post by debk »

Whew... Glad it worked out!
debk
garlic

Post by garlic »

I really seem to be a bit of a tizzy pants at the moment, just got too much going on in my teensy brain I think.

My mystery guest arrived, I got the kettle scrubbed, she's lovely as everyone predicted. I'll have to make my morning coffee using a saucepan but ho hum, so what. It's definitely time for a glass of wine so that's what I'm doing. :D

I sort of ought to change my signature to 'I worry too much'
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

[quoteIt's definitely time for a glass of wine so that's what I'm doing.
][/quote]

Good for you Garlic....Glad it all worked out... :wink: :lol: