Vacation Rental Formula

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Nemo

Vacation Rental Formula

Post by Nemo »

Has anyone else signed up for emails about this? I get the regular emails from Cottage Blogger. The Bayers who run CB, are starting up a new membership website, so I liked their new facebook page out of interest and to show support. I don't really know what it's about, haven't time to investigate and suspect it's all very US centric.

Well having showed the tiniest flicker of interest, despite no intention of signing up to a paid membership, I've had a facebook friend request, am getting email countdowns from them both, telling me how I'll miss out if I don't sign up for lifetime membership now, as the cost will go up and up from here on in. The sort of sales tactic I detest quite frankly.

Anyway I was just interested if anyone else had looked into it?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Same as you Nemo. I've been signed up to Cottage Blogger for a long time, though I don't read or listen to a lot of stuff there :? - but I've been completely shocked by the heavy handed and in-your-face selling techniques used by Heather and Mike on this. Especially the email that began "Frankly I'm a little surprised ...". Well, frankly I'm a little surprised too. I'd have thought better of them.

It seems that everyone's trying to get in on the 'I know how to market my vacation (sic) rental better than anyone else so I'm going to become your guru while you pay me lots of dosh' game - Matt Landau and his Inner Circle, Heather and Mike, and someone else who I can't remember but I think is this side of the Atlantic. Yuck.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Such a shame that what started as sharing of experiences and good advice from the likes of CB and Matt Landau have turned into in your face commercial enterprises.

Good job we've got LMH ;-)
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Annew wrote:Such a shame that what started as sharing of experiences and good advice from the likes of CB and Matt Landau have turned into in your face commercial enterprises.

Good job we've got LMH ;-)
+1
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had the same, getting rather fed up of it, and will make sure I unsubscribe.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Wasn't Heather a member here once? I suspect we're no longer on her radar but it would be good if she read this ... :?
paolo

Post by paolo »

She is a member, her username is cottageguru
Paolo
Lay My Hat
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

:lol: