Stolen towels - how to charge

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

juliew wrote:Mouse - how did you know what colour it was! Or is it that you just like mocha? :)
I now get all my towels from M&S juliew as they deliver here so it is their 'mocha' colour. I get very nervous around white towels :lol: I have enough to deal with all the stains on the white bedding.

Mocha doesn't fade in the sun much (otherwise I'd have Charcoal), is a relatively modern colour on the home decor front that matches most things, and it never shows stains...unless it's bleach :evil:

Mousie
x
Last edited by Mouse on Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
brendan

Post by brendan »

+ 1 to charging only for missing towels, infuriating as that is.

I colour code towels to each bedroom and give everyone a different colour beach towel.

Tea towels are a complete PITA. I must have one of the largest collections in the world. They go through 3 stages.

1. Pristine ...in the villa
2. Marked indelibly...my kitchen - in some cases this change takes just 1 week!
3. Further marked....shed... where they serve OH´s many and varied projects like bike maintenance and other ´projects´.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

brendan wrote: Tea towels are a complete PITA. I must have one of the largest collections in the world. They go through 3 stages.

1. Pristine ...in the villa
2. Marked indelibly...my kitchen - in some cases this change takes just 1 week!
3. Further marked....shed... where they serve OH´s many and varied projects like bike maintenance and other ´projects´.
I made the mistake of bulk buying cheap tea towels but the quality was really poor and after one wash they were all misshapen into strange parallelograms :? Actually I am going to post a separate question about this as I am looking for guidance on tea towels and don't want to hijack this thread. In the meantime I have picked up random tea towels along the way (T K Maxx is good on price for quality tea towels) but like most people I now have a vast collection of really random tea towels in varying stages of distress.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

Before I started I quickly realised this would be a problem and happen and decided to look for a product range / company that would supply a STD product forever.

After several phone calls and emails I decided to get all my linen and towels from Out Of Eden.

They claim that there white and Ivory hotel ranges are STD and will continue as is forever.

Believing this to be true (I hope) I bought 3 full sets, I've replaced a couple of towels and a fitted sheet so far and i'll be buggered if I could pick out which ones they are now. They match perfectly.