awkward booking?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Sounds like good advice, Catherine.

Garlic, last year I was happy to take one-week bookings in July/August. This year, with it still being very early, I am 'toughing it out' for 2-week bookings. I may change my mind .... but not for a while yet.

Anyway, it sounds as though you have the 'problem' sorted to everyone's satisfaction :D
garlic

Post by garlic »

The early booking thing was partly because I was trying to keep my site fresh and up to date. I hadn't thought about it from the desperation angle :oops: I'll change it so thanks. I really have so much to learn and heaven knows how I'd cope if I didn't have this site :)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Me too, Garlic. Learning all the time and have picked up so many useful tips and suggestions - not to mention some much needed sympathy on some occasions! - from everyone on this site. Thanks everyone.
garlic

Post by garlic »

Just thought I'd give you all an update My potential guest has just come back to me wanting to take (my prefered option) of a short week with two nights in a chambre d hote. I'm so pleased this really works for me, I get to book a week at full price now and although it involves a bit of organisation on my part handing her on to one of the local chambre d hote owners feels like a nice thing to do. She gets the holiday she wants at the best price. I'm feeling really pleased that I sorted it out like this. :D

What I didn't tell you all because I felt so useless was that when I originally quoted for the time she wanted I got my maths all muddled (too many kids I think) so had the embarassment today of telling her it was actually 200e more than I'd already quoted. I was sure she'd think I was hopeless and I'd never here from her again. Anyway new lesson learnt: check my sums :oops:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well Done Garlic, :D

Another one and not straighforward but you cracked it so should give you even more confidence.....
When handling ALL the others youll be getting...onwards & upwards...... :wink: :lol: