Grateful for review of my website.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Topcat

Grateful for review of my website.

Post by Topcat »

Hi. Would be really grateful for comments on my site. It isn't completely finished, as there are no apartment photos. This is on account of there being no apartment as yet. Obviously I will add these as soon as I can.

Also, I've said there'll be a link to dates of festivals, and I haven't got that done yet so no need to scratch your head looking for it!

www.spainbeachapartment.eu

Regards,

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Pauliner

I'll review the competition, tee hee :lol:

I think it looks lovely, clear, well laid out with a friendly feel.

Isn't that a picture of Vila Real though on the main page as opposed to Ayamonte ?

Made me chuckle when you say 'a luxurious penthouse all to yourself', would anyone expect to share :?

On the activities page I can barely see the header in white type.

The term 'luxuriate' in your jacuzzi made me blush
:shock: cough cough

Why link people to the competition of HR regarding price and availability.

Once you get the photos done it will be even better but well done.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Looks Great Pauliner,

Well done...the photos especially look very good..
Your all such Clever Clogs I REALLY should make the effort :oops: ...Well Done
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

photo gallery looks very good indeed. Overall a nice website.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Pauliner,

Your site is really informative. I also like the colours and layout - looks very attractive.

Just for the sake of making a suggestion:
You might like to take another look at this paragraph

At the same time, its proximity to cultural hotspots such as Seville make it an ideal centre for touring and sight seeing, while the nearby golf courses offer great opportunities for golfers, and the vast sandy beaches are great for kids as well as sunbathers.

I would write sight seeing as one word, and I would replace great for kids with perfect for kids, to avoid having great in the same paragraph twice.

I think there was another paragraph somewhere with repeated adjectives.....

I'm scraping the barrel for suggestions, as you can see!
Topcat

my website

Post by Topcat »

Thanks a lot to everyone. Your comments are really appreciated, whatever they are. I hate to be ungrammatical so I appreciate any reminders as to where I've slipped up.

Partridge, I know what you mean about the link to HR. It wasn't quite what I wanted, and also the white writing. I'll get both of those changed, but in the meantime my poor designer chap is exhausted, so I'll give it a few days! He's not a professional web designer, though he does maintain the website for my old college, and was happy to do it (for a fee, naturellement), and I knew with a bit of nagging he would make it look nice.

I must say I'm pleased with the look, but it took quite a bit of effort to get there. For a while it looked awful and neither of us could work out why. It looked to me like a memo (I thought I was back at work!) until I hit on using cream for the background, and that seemed to pull it all together.

Since you're all so kind to remark on the photos, I feel the need to say that a couple came from the official website for the region, and a couple from the developer, but as I've given them both links and I'm promoting the area anyway I thought it would be OK. I did try to contact them for permission but got no reply. If you think I'm doing something terrible then I'll replace them as soon as possible, but at least one developer's photo appears on almost every website for the area (I don't think it's on yours, P.) I haven't lifted anything from another property owner, or anything like that.

Why does the Jacuzzi make you blush, P? Bring your swimsuit and join us.

Regards,

Pauline xxx

PS. Yes, it's Vila Real on the front page, but it's a nice photo and I do refer to it as being only a ferry ride away so I let it stay. I couldn't get a decent photo of a church in Aya because they're all a bit hemmed in. But when I get some apartment pics I will redo the front page anyway.

Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Sorry Pauliner, I tend to see the rude side of things, bad habit I know, I think it was the word 'luxuriating' that got me giggling, maybe it's just me but would probably go for 'relaxing' instead :P Having said that, I did have a bad experience in a jacuzzi a couple of years back with friends who had way too much to drink and an over exuberant rugby player but we won't go there :oops:

I wouldn't worry about the photos, I know what you mean, if the developer objected there would be about 100 IC properties getting their wrists slapped, so I'm sure it is not a problem.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Please do Patridge, we could do with a little light relief after the stressful weekend :wink:
who had way too much to drink and an over exuberant rugby player but we won't go there
Im sure Pauliner wont mind as Ive said before Great website maybe a Rugby Player supplied with the Jacuzzi could be all she needs.... :oops:
Topcat

Jacuzzi

Post by Topcat »

I don't mind at all Ros. In fact, I'm still waiting for Vrooje to give me the contact details for the 'hot Brazilian male' that contacted her on her blog.

Perhaps he'd like to join us in the jacuzzi :oops: :P :twisted:

Pauline