Help choose Domain/Website Name, please?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.

Domain/Website Name?

CalitriRental
No votes
CalitriHouse
No votes
neither - something fab I've yet to think of
100%

Total votes: 1

kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

DaveT wrote:
Agreed, I wasn't suggesting using free email addresses. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough. I was just pointing out that it should be possible to use the same custom domain name with both wordpress.com and Gmail (or any another email service that lets you use your own domain).
I understood but the solutions seems overly complex to me. The problem stems from the fact that each foot is now firmly in a free shoe. One in Wordpress.com and the other in gmail. These are 2 comfort zones. To change now to anything more professional means leaving both of these comfort zones or finding a way to keep using both, after renaming the brand, which is indeed your suggestion.
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

kevsboredagain wrote:
To change now to anything more professional means leaving both of these comfort zones or finding a way to keep using both, after renaming the brand, which is indeed your suggestion.
Exactly, I was just pointing out that it is possible to keep using both wordpress.com and Gmail with your own domain. Personally I think it is a simpler option for anyone who is not too technical. Just buy a domain and set up the DNS, job done.

Musetta wrote:Thanks. That makes sense. It dosen't cost much more to go to a separate hosting site like one.com and not worry about email replies as they can be handled there...just don't quite know how to go about moving current blog over so no clue if it is straightforward or technically involved. Google tells me you can configure gmail to reply from domain and set up w your iOS mail...but takes a bit of tweaking I think. I will ultimately choose whichever is the simpler solution :-)
Musetta, the instructions for moving from wordprss.com to self-hosted are here.. https://en.support.wordpress.com/moving ... ress-site/

Remember, that once you've moved you will have to keep it updated with regular security fixes (every month or two). That's something you don't have to worry about on wordpress.com
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Thanks. Helpful link! I guess my other idea is to keep the wp blog a blog and update w travel info., news, photos, whatever and have s separately hosted more professional-looking website with only the rental house and specific house & booking info and obviously add links bank and forth. Dunno which....

Still need to settle on a name though (!) ;-)