New kitchen dilemma no 2

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
kg1

New kitchen dilemma no 2

Post by kg1 »

Our new cooker has a separate grill and there is a large red sticker across the glass door from the manufacturer stating that the grill must always be used with the door shut. Grill tray has a detachable handle. Mine at home is the same - I think it's because they are so close to the carcass that it might singe.

However, how do I get this across to guests & make sure they comply without removing said sticker!

The message needs to be spelt out loud & clear but the sticker is so 'in your face' and looks awful. OH says leave it there but it totally spoils the kitchen, but I know if I don't the obvious will happen.

What would you do?
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Can you make a smaller sticker?

I have some clear labels that go through my normal printer and are great for making professional looking labels.
Bunny

Re: New kitchen dilemma no 2

Post by Bunny »

kyreniagirl wrote:Our new cooker has a separate grill and there is a large red sticker across the glass door from the manufacturer stating that the grill must always be used with the door shut. Grill tray has a detachable handle. Mine at home is the same - I think it's because they are so close to the carcass that it might singe.
:o This is a really stupid question, but mine says NEVER use the grill with the door shut. I've never heard of a grill that is to be used WITH the door shut. No wonder guests are confused, I'm confused. :? If that's the case then I would definitely leave the sticker on. Scarey....
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

A quick google does say that you can get both types - open or shut. However, it seems that most people, if asked believe it should be left open, so you defo need it to be 100% clear IMO. Best be safe than sorry IMO and leave the official sticker on. If you make your own sticker, they may not believe it!
Essar

Post by Essar »

I'm in the shut camp - I would leave the big red sticker on; it's not art it's a grill what does it matter what it looks like, but that's a logical mans' view (same as your OH).
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
kg1

Post by kg1 »

The sticker isn't even on straight ! Looks just awful but I suppose it's better than a singed cabinet.

I have Dymo machine but the tapes are quite narrow and I think the heat would make the tape peel off.

I wonder if the manufacturer would supply another sticker, at least I could put it on straight.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

The sticker would irritate the hell out of me too, so maybe getting a straight replacement would be an small improvement.
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

Dymo sticker machine to make some smaller stickers?
Essar

Post by Essar »

Robin @ One Spring wrote:Dymo sticker machine to make some smaller stickers?
The heat would probably make them peel off pretty quickly - it all depends where you stick it!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
teapot

Post by teapot »

I don't see any TV Chefs using grills anymore, it's all blow torch nowadays :lol:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

teapot wrote:I don't see any TV Chefs using grills anymore, it's all blow torch nowadays :lol:
TEAPOT!!!! Wash your mouth out with carbolic soap for even thinking "blow torch" and "holiday makers" in the same thread! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

PW in Polemi wrote:
teapot wrote:I don't see any TV Chefs using grills anymore, it's all blow torch nowadays :lol:
TEAPOT!!!! Wash your mouth out with carbolic soap for even thinking "blow torch" and "holiday makers" in the same thread! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG what an horrendous thought!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

PW in Polemi wrote:
Ha! When I was installing the kitchens in the rentals I used some leftover laminate panelling from the bathrooms as an upstand on some walls. I had enough to put behind the hob, but wasn't too sure about it. Attacking a piece with a blowtorch decided me against it! :shock:
annedab

Post by annedab »

kyreniagirl wrote:
PW in Polemi wrote:
OMG what an horrendous thought!
We decided against providing blow torches because of the possible conflict with the liquid nitrogen which is essential for all well equipped kitchens these days :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?