Creating a FB Page and stuck at the First Hurdle!!

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
bluebell

Creating a FB Page and stuck at the First Hurdle!!

Post by bluebell »

Hello everyone,

I have been reading countless posts to see if I can find the answer to my problem but no luck, so will have to annoy you all with a really basic question!

In the set up phase how do I find the Category "Holiday Home Rental"? I select the "Local Business or Place" category but then I cannot find a suitable sub-category.

Any help please?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi bluebell, I've just looked at my category. I appear to have local business, then local business again and then I used the "tags" vacation home rental and cottage. It's not ideal, but facebook seems to vary what it offers and other members have found options that I never could find. Type words in and see what fb offers you.
Villarais

Post by Villarais »

Mine is Companies & Organisations: Travel/Leisure and then subcategory: Holiday Home rental.

It was difficult to find and I have no idea what difference it makes.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have a map on mine and the ability to receive reviews. I know I needed to be a local business to get those options. Can people review you Villarais?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Mine is Local Business>Real Estate>Holiday Home rental

I did have the facility for reviews but I switched it off as I had a review from someone who has never stayed (they gave me 5 stars so it was quite nice!) and I was nervous of getting any looney just coming along and giving me one star. I would rather not have those on my page. I don't have a map facility.....I think. But perhaps that comes up as an option if you put in a street address which I haven't got around to doing?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

It seems so random ... I'm only ever been presented with two levels, never the third, so I've opted for 'Websites and blogs > Local/travel website".

I seem to remember from when I tried to figure this out before that it's something to do with whether you can be located on the map - FB uses Bing maps and our isolated lieu-dit (next one down from a hamlet!) doesn't show.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Some FB pages are eligible for verification to let people know that the page is in fact authentic. Once approved, a (small) blue badge is displayed on the page showing FB has confirmed it's authentication.

I'm not convinced many people actually notice the badge but I guess anything that helps to prove our authenticity is worth it.

How to verify your FB page
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Some FB pages are eligible for verification to let people know that the page is in fact authentic. Once approved, a (small) blue badge is displayed on the page showing FB has confirmed it's authentication.

I'm not convinced many people actually notice the badge but I guess anything that helps to prove our authenticity is worth it.

How to verify your FB page
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just checked this and its information is out of date as far as categories go. You can apparently have maps and reviews if you pick company and not local business.
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Well everyone, my FaceBook page is up and running finally. I so appreciate this forum and the wealth of experience that I can try to take advantage of!

Anyway, if anyone has a moment could they just a have a look at my page and LIKE it if it is not too horrendous. I know that there is a lot of work to be done and am definitely aware that my photographs are not great but we all have to start from somewhere!

The link is:-

https://www.facebook.com/villaameliagreece/

Many thanks :D
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

Looks nice to me - I "like" it ;-) I just did my fb page as well if anyone would be able to like it too it would be much appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/CalitriRental/
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Musetta... I have liked you back!!! Thank you!
Kaz D

Post by Kaz D »

Hi everyone
I thought creating a business page on Facebook was free but when I read their info about advertising it says you can choose your advertising budget. Now I'm confused.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Kaz D wrote:Hi everyone
I thought creating a business page on Facebook was free but when I read their info about advertising it says you can choose your advertising budget. Now I'm confused.
It is completely free, but you can choose to place adverts. Just ignore at this stage and carry on building your page. :wink: