Mac software upgrade to El Capitan

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Annew

Mac software upgrade to El Capitan

Post by Annew »

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan.

If so, did you encounter any problems (bit along the lines of the Mountain lion to Yosemite upgrade)

Thanks
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I did a few days ago Anne, can't say I've noticed much difference (or improvement) though. It took hours and hours and hours
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Annew

Post by Annew »

thanks Kathy - I'll give it a go!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Essar

Post by Essar »

You'd think they would give them more "Apple" sounding names like - such as upgrading from "Granny Smiths" to "Golden Delicious" :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Essar wrote:You'd think they would give them more "Apple" sounding names like - such as upgrading from "Granny Smiths" to "Golden Delicious" :lol:
They ran out of cat names - how long do you reckon it would take to run out of apple names? (WTF is El Capitan anyway?)
Despite being an Apple convert a few years ago, I still retain the reluctance to move to a new OS - the result, perhaps, of many years as an unpaid beta tester for Bill Gates. However, there don't appear to have been any reports of El Capitan being a total disaster for some three weeks now....... although it does seem that Windows 10 was being compared rather favourably (from a total cock-up viewpoint) against El Capitan, which I take to be a black mark against Apple's latest.
I think I'll wait a bit longer....
annedab

Post by annedab »

El Capitan is, I think, one of the peaks in Yosemite......and very pretty it is too.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

annedab wrote:El Capitan is, I think, one of the peaks in Yosemite......and very pretty it is too.
Ah - so they haven't returned to using cat names then. I thought El Capitan might be the Mexican version of Top Cat.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Annedab is correct El Capitan is one of the peaks at Yosemite. We used to live near there. I have found it awful, since I downloaded it I have lost my autofill on my iPad and have a loads of problems with my iMac. Including losing my keychain. When I have the time I will get hold of Apple and see if they can sort it out. Iam computer challenged and have no idea what to do. I wish I hadn't bothered to upgrade as it has not been an upgrade at all.