Facebook Likes

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Cassis wrote:
ChrisP wrote: We too have experienced a few unlikes since creating our FB page and have found that burning an effigy of the treacherous in a ritualistic ceremony helps to alieviate some of the betrayal.

Not that we take it personally or anything. :)
Of course not - but let the buggers burn in hell. :twisted:

I was wondering, though ... is there any point in this mutual "liking" of each others' Pages? I just wonder if there's any value in it when you can be almost certain there's no further interaction or interest after the initial "Like". :?
Sure there is, you've just got to keep in perspective.

Until such time as our page starts producing regular bookings (I'm not holding my breath), I'll only ever see facebook as a bit of fun anyway rather than a viable part of any marketing strategy, so why not rack up 'likes' just for the hell of it?

As regards interaction, most if not all facebook pages have more 'likes' than interactive participants, that's just the nature of the beast.

When Mark Zuckerberg boasts of a billion people using facebook in a single day, you can be absolutely certain that the majority didn't log on and interact, they logged on and did the opposite, they looked and nothing more.

I spend a fair amount of time on our two facebook pages and am quite happy with the level of interaction that we get which makes for a nice diversion from the regular stuff. Much more and it would become a chore.

Strangley enough, when I went through and liked the 145 or so pages a few days ago, I was really quite surprised that so many hadn't been updated in months, some since 2013. Makes me wonder why they even bother keeping them up, but that may be a question for a new thread.

I agree though, there is no real value in mutual 'likes', but I seem to think that Zuckerburg said that he/she who dies with the most 'likes' wins? :-)
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Likes do work as sometimes when someone likes my page, their friend might see it in the ticker at the side, pop on to it and then also like

I get the majority of my bookings from Facebook and I keep my page updated

Sandra
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

arkvilla wrote:Likes do work as sometimes when someone likes my page, their friend might see it in the ticker at the side, pop on to it and then also like

Sandra
Agreed, we have seen that happen too.

Additionally, a large percentage of users will evaluate the popularity of a page by the number of 'Likes' it has (that's just human nature) and on that basis stay or leave.

I would love to be able to say that we get a good portion of our bookings from facebook, but don't. That said, this is still our first full year.

So would it be fair to say that you are in favour of mutual 'Likes'?

Chris
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

ChrisP wrote:
arkvilla wrote:Likes do work as sometimes when someone likes my page, their friend might see it in the ticker at the side, pop on to it and then also like

Sandra
Agreed, we have seen that happen too.

Additionally, a large percentage of users will evaluate the popularity of a page by the number of 'Likes' it has (that's just human nature) and on that basis stay or leave.

I would love to be able to say that we get a good portion of our bookings from facebook, but don't. That said, this is still our first full year.

So would it be fair to say that you are in favour of mutual 'Likes'?

Chris
I am but I tend to Like then unfollow as I just can't scroll through so much stuff
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I actually just got an enquiry (they're wishy-washy on dates so I doubt it will convert but who knows) because a friend liked the page and shared a random post of mine and a friend of hers saw it and passed it along to a friend of *hers* who is looking into a trip to Italy...so...yes, I guess they can help! :-)

http://www.facebook.com/calitrirental