Listing a property on tripadvisor

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ludwig

Listing a property on tripadvisor

Post by Ludwig »

Is it possible to set a property that is listed with cottages.com up on tripadvisor for reviews?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

You have to list your property as a commission listing.

Unless your guests are already registered with TA, they won't want to register and then get bombarded with emails suggesting other places they might want to stay next time instead of your property.
Ludwig

Post by Ludwig »

Paolo - Many thanks but I was not contemplating using tripadvisor for bookings (they come via cottages.com), merely for guests' reviews. Do you know if that's possible?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Perhaps cottages.com pay for listing on Trip Advisor? Worth asking. A lot of agencies seem to have their properties on Holiday Lettings aka Trip Advisor.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

As far as I know an owner has to live on site to put their property on TA for reviews.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Essar

Post by Essar »

Hello Ludwig and welcome.

Holiday rentals must have a listing with a TA subsidiary before they can receive TA reviews. Use either of the commission/subscription listing sites HL or FK or alternatively use VHR (VacationHomeRentals.com) for a soley subscription listing site. A listing with any of these companies gives you the right to invite guests to review their stay.
There is no way to get TA reviews without a listing.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"