taxe de sejour-France

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
pachypach

taxe de sejour-France

Post by pachypach »

Our commune in their wisdom have introduced from april this year a taxe de séjour.
I know normally people staying in gites etc have to pay this.
We are not going to charge our gite guests this on top (all english clients).
What I want to know is, as our 'gite' is actually our main home, and we only rent it out for maximum 3 months of the year, (we move out) so it is not run as a 'business', will we be liable to pay this taxe?
also how do the commune collect this?
thanks in advance to anyone who replies who is in the same situation as us.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Our commune may be bringing it in in April and I was told to expect details in a letter. Nothing as yet has landed on my door mat.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Taxe de séjour was recently discussed here:

viewtopic.php?t=25626&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

You do have to collect it from paying guests regardless of the gite being your home and how long you rent it out for.

You're supposed to ask guests for it separately, but in reality you can absorb the cost yourself or include it in your rental, as long as it is separately itemised on your invoices to guests.

You'll eventually get a demand and declaration form, most likely from the commune or community of communes. You usually pay it to the Tresor Public and attach the declaration form. You may also be asked to return a list guest names, dates and lengths of stay.

As we have to collect hundreds of payments yearly I find it easiest to use the bookings spreadsheet to calculate the tax and produce the list of details automatically but it shouldn't be that onerous a task for you.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.