Promote my place - online.net

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
davidah

Promote my place - online.net

Post by davidah »

Hi

Can anyone help with a problem I am having with getting my PMP website online? I have purchased a domain name (lemoulindebardeas.com) from online.net as it has been recommended elsewhere in the forums. I have then tried to alter the DNS settings on online.net to ns0.ukfast.net and ns1.ukfast.net as described in the pmp instructions. I get an error message in the online.net DNS module:

Error: ns0.ukfast.net (http://ns0.ukfast.net/) : No SOA record on this nameserver., ns1.ukfast.net (http://ns1.ukfast.net/) : No SOA record on this nameserver.

Promotemyplace are being very helpful and tried the same things for me with the same result. Online.net blamed it on promotemyplace settings.

I then asked online.net to alter the A record to the pmp IP address. This worked until I published the PMP website, and it then stopped.

Has anyone got a promotemyplace website to work with online.net? If so how.

Otherwise can anyone recommend a suitable site to transfer my domain name to - I also want email.

Hope this is understandable.

Thanks very much David
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

It looks like ukfast.net is checking for the existence of DNS records (specifically SOA records) on the PMP DNS servers before allowing you to change the nameservers. This is perfectly reasonable behaviour. Have you tried publishing the PMP site first then changing the nameservers afterwards?
davidah

Post by davidah »

Hi DaveT

Your answer is very logically and also correct.

I changed the name servers a few times with the same error, then the changes were accepted. A few hours later the website has appeared.

Thanks for your help.

David